Rabbitohs to help develop Red Star RL Academy

Copa

Yes great news. When you hear people complaining about travelling to the next county to play, you wonder how can they run a Balkan Super League???? Amazing.

Not really, but Shane Richardson has always been open to supporting international Rugby League and previously the Rabbitohs have done some small partnership stuff with the Czech Republic.

Smart move this one by the Rabbitohs.  Minimal effort at all from them, however if suddenly a star is found, or it takes off, then they are best placed to take advantage of it. Also generates some good will and possibly an international membership or two for them as well. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

I think we (the game) should create a ''how to'' guide for setting up in virgin territory. A franchise model ideally, but it could begin with a collection of submissions from amateur and pro clubs alike on how to structure and organise a club to operate within budget. What money making schemes (small scale even) can be employed to put money into a new clubs operating budget, what constitutes appropriate insurance cover for players and where can you get it? How about kit suppliers? What do you need to keep in terms of bookkeeping and financial records? How do you estimate what training and playing facilities will cost, first aid and medical supplies? What about laundry etc.

Does such a resource exist? Perhaps I should create it. Please let me have your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Awesome. What have the NRL ever done for us? 

Apart from aqueducts, of course.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...

Archived