Leigh at home.

spanishknight

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leigh will be a difficult challenge they played well against Toronto by all accounts but so did we. Another tough defence effort needed which is perfectly doable. Selection dilemmas happening in terms of squad and available players which is only a good thing as the standard is getting better. Not going to be an easy afternoon but if we have the belief and backing like we normally do we can get the win. All we can ask for is another 100% effort performance defensively and Leigh will have to work for it and I am sure that is guaranteed under Fordy.

#uptheKneets

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Hopefully Ash Robson will be fit, our right side defence often looked stretched when he went off yesterday. Still we did enough to get the points, and I'm sure whoever is selected next week, will be striving for another victory.

Perry Whiteley is available again , good swop if ash is crocked .

JJR was missed , best back row forward in the championship ( I M H O ) .

Hoping for 3000 + should be a cracker .

Up the amazing kneets???

I think we are at full strength apart from mcnally who i believe is out for 3 to 4 weeks with a quad injury. Our first choice stand off martyn ridyard played fb yesterday with josh woods and Danny richardson playing in the halves. Jonny pownall will come back onto the right wing after his 1 game suspension . rightly or wrongly we dual reg with st helens so expect several saints players to play also.

27 minutes ago, Leytherdave said:

I think we are at full strength apart from mcnally who i believe is out for 3 to 4 weeks with a quad injury. Our first choice stand off martyn ridyard played fb yesterday with josh woods and Danny richardson playing in the halves. Jonny pownall will come back onto the right wing after his 1 game suspension . rightly or wrongly we dual reg with st helens so expect several saints players to play also.

As you probably know we have Joe bachelor on loan from saints so there will be local rivalry .

Here's to a fantastic advert for the championship , welcome to the crescent , you will be well received and let's hope for a big showing from both set's of fanatical supporters.

Roll on Sunday.

Another tough game but it's what both york and bradford wanted it to be this everyweek. 

Fancy york at home looking at the same sorta margin has Sunday 8-10 point win. 

So far you've lost too everybodies favourites too win our league had two solid wins on the road sandwiched between a mauling of barrow. 

With potentially 3000+ attending this Sunday against a high profile Leigh outfit I hope the club fills the shop with plenty of merchandise , as the stock levels were very low against barrow , come on York were a bigger club now .

Up the forward thinking kneets???

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

With potentially 3000+ attending this Sunday against a high profile Leigh outfit I hope the club fills the shop with plenty of merchandise , as the stock levels were very low against barrow , come on York were a bigger club now .

Up the forward thinking kneets???

Please dont run out of beer as has happened on numerous occasions last season when going away. Us leythers like a drink whilst watching the rugby.??

26 minutes ago, Rooney's Ears said:

Leytherdave - is your Leigh side a brand new team you have built from scratch since last season?

Yes. Once we failed to make the top 4 last season.we had sold the top earners. Some of them were rumoured to be on over 100k. Crazy money. These players didnt deserve to wear our shirt. They were more interested in picking up there pay cheque and travelling around europe. Good riddances. During the off season we got rid of the remaining players and started recruiting players who are local or who have played for leigh before or players who have played under duffy before and We  returned to being part time. This in my opinion is a masterstroke. Our players have put there bodies on the line 100% every game .there is a whole new feel around the club this season. Even when we lost to Toronto you can tell the players put everything into the game and maybe could have snatched it at the end. They want to play for the badge and the fans love them.  

4 minutes ago, Rooney's Ears said:

Amazing stuff.

Also your loyal fan base has stuck by which is also great.

Yeah leigh is a rugby town. Alot of passionate people love there rugby. Its very much a family atmosphere at our home games. We usually get between 3000 to 4000 fans per game plus away support however in super league i believe our average was around 6500. We always have a great away following.  We took over 1000 to fax the other week. So i should imagine between 800 to 1000 for this game. I know we have 2 coaches traveling up on the Saturday to enjoy the sights and beer of york and there are at least 4 coaches for the Sunday. Looking foward to seeing york play and speaking to some york fans. Roll on sunday

6 hours ago, Leytherdave said:

Please dont run out of beer as has happened on numerous occasions last season when going away. Us leythers like a drink whilst watching the rugby.??

Please don't blame us if we do run out.

Blame the racecourse as they run the bar and the kiosks in the Longhurst.

22 hours ago, Leytherdave said:

Yeah leigh is a rugby town. Alot of passionate people love there rugby. Its very much a family atmosphere at our home games. We usually get between 3000 to 4000 fans per game plus away support however in super league i believe our average was around 6500. We always have a great away following.  We took over 1000 to fax the other week. So i should imagine between 800 to 1000 for this game. I know we have 2 coaches traveling up on the Saturday to enjoy the sights and beer of york and there are at least 4 coaches for the Sunday. Looking foward to seeing york play and speaking to some york fans. Roll on sunday

Heworth are playing Leigh East on Saturday too, if you fancy a bit more RL in your weekend.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Leigh squad:-

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/03/01/centurions-announce-squad-for-york-game-on-sunday/

Looks like we will be playing all five of our loan/DR's - Woods, Richardson, Bentley, Douglas and Smith. Sad that I can't make it, as I've always enjoyed my trips to York - a superb city , and usually a close game. Here's hoping that the game is as good as our three home games have been!

59 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like its going to be windy on Sunday, hope our kicking games on song.

Matty  and Connor can both utilize the spiral bomb , but iam sure their guys can too , let's hope the windy conditions don't spoil the game .

Archived