Parking on sunday

Leytherdave

Congratulations on your great start to the season. Im just looking for a little advice for parking this sunday for us leigh fans who are travelling over. I know parking at the ground is limited. Just wondering if there are plenty of streets around the ground where we can park. Looking forward to a good game. You have had a great start to the season.  You are very strong at home but we have lost our only away game so far to halifax. Should be around 800 to 1000 leigh fans so atmosphere will be good. 

Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to another big test this Sunday. There is street parking around the ground, but it is very limited, and a lot of it is permit only. Your best bet is the Union Terrace car park. It is only a 6 or 7 minute walk from the ground. It is also very central to the city centre, so if you get here early you can stroll into town.

45 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to another big test this Sunday. There is street parking around the ground, but it is very limited, and a lot of it is permit only. Your best bet is the Union Terrace car park. It is only a 6 or 7 minute walk from the ground. It is also very central to the city centre, so if you get here early you can stroll into town.

Also Marygate carpark or use any of the park & ride site and get off in the centre. 

I wouldn't recommend trying to get parked on the streets around the ground, I have a job finding a spot and I'm there 2-3 hours before kick off! Like others have said, you're best doing the park and ride or one of the pay and display car parks or the hospital.

Looking forward to the biggest away support at Bootham since Bradford in 2018, safe journey to all Leigh fans coming over, my programme preview has been submitted and I've tried to give you leythers a good write up ?

13 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I wouldn't recommend trying to get parked on the streets around the ground, I have a job finding a spot and I'm there 2-3 hours before kick off! Like others have said, you're best doing the park and ride or one of the pay and display car parks or the hospital.

Looking forward to the biggest away support at Bootham since Bradford in 2018, safe journey to all Leigh fans coming over, my programme preview has been submitted and I've tried to give you leythers a good write up ?

Looking in the wrong places then.

4 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

Looking in the wrong places then.

Not at all Sir, I have to bring quite a lot of stuff with me on matchdays so need to be parked within 5min walk if I can help it.

47 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Not at all Sir, I have to bring quite a lot of stuff with me on matchdays so need to be parked within 5min walk if I can help it.

Cromer Street, Falsgrave Crescent, Horner Street, Newborough Street, Upper Newborough Street, Baker Street and Burton Stone Lane itself, to name but a few 

2 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

Cromer Street, Falsgrave Crescent, Horner Street, Newborough Street, Upper Newborough Street, Baker Street and Burton Stone Lane itself, to name but a few 

Shhhh....don't tell all the Leigh fans. If i cant get parked on Sunday I'm blaming you ?

On 2/25/2019 at 4:10 PM, Leytherdave said:

Congratulations on your great start to the season. Im just looking for a little advice for parking this sunday for us leigh fans who are travelling over. I know parking at the ground is limited. Just wondering if there are plenty of streets around the ground where we can park. Looking forward to a good game. You have had a great start to the season.  You are very strong at home but we have lost our only away game so far to halifax. Should be around 800 to 1000 leigh fans so atmosphere will be good. 

Rawcliffe bar park and ride the bus stops on a road called Clifton you then cross over walk up bootham crescent. Catch bus there on way back you then have two stops and back at the car park.

what we did last year when we went over to york straight on main road out of york too its the green line bus.

Archived