Round 3 — North Wales Crusaders

Dave Naylor

Not the high scoring victory we would have preferred and I don't suppose Scott Naylor would have been too impressed, either. But it goes to show that none of the opposition in this league are going to 'roll over' just because they are playing us. However, as they say "A win's a win" and it's another two, precious, league points in the bag. 

Shocking in parts today shades of keighley away last season, but we pulled a victory from the jaws of defeat, the interception try from Kershaw changed the game without a doubt. The little offload from bowman for chewy try was brilliant. Awful conditions not great for free flowing rugby, but a wins a win 

Oh Oldham.  I think about you most of my waking hours.  I enter periods of saturnine moods when we lose. I analyse the minutiae of every play in my mind in the days following a game.

Yet, you blummin' monkeys, you go and pull things like that on us today.

I love it.  I blummin' love it. 

Bowman, Kershaw star in late rally

IT might have been daylight robbery, but there were two massive positives on a wet, drizzly day in Wrexham . . . the character Oldham had in abundance and the terrific travelling support for Scott and the boys.

Read full article

'We wouldn't have won that last year' -- Scott

Anthony Murray called it “cruel”; Scott Naylor needed no prompting to advance the view that Crusaders didn’t deserve to lose.

Read full article

Stats

Hawkyard-0 tackles. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 27 carries=176m

Jones-Bishop-9 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=88m

McComb-20 tackles. 3 misses. 4 tackle busts. 20 carries=176m

Grimshaw-23 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 7 carries=42m

Kershaw-5 tackles. 2 misses. 11 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 16 carries=237m

Bowman-19 tackles.2 misses. one offload. one try assist. 4 carries=23m

Hewitt-19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. one try assist. one carry=2m

Joy-21 tackles. 10 carries=78m

Owen-16 tackles. 2 misses. one carry=7m

Law-30 tackles. one miss. 11 carries=79m

Calland-34 tackles. 3 misses. 4 carries=23m

Whittel-24 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=78m

Bent-60 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=87m

subs

Spencer-20 tackles. 12 carries=83m

Davies-15 tackles. 4 carries=38m

Wilkinson-27 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 6 carries=42m

Gwaze-28 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle busts. 12 carries=52m

Some phenomenal stats here. Liam Bent breaks his own tackle record of 59 from Workington away last year. Outstanding stats also from Hawkyard, McComb and Kershaw in the backs.

He's incredible Benty.. I had thought Mccomb had one of his quieter games but still managed to produce some real good stats. 

Kershaw's figures highlight his contribution, he was the difference on Sunday. 

Good effort by Chewy too 

Archived