New stadium

DEANO

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yee gawds deano miles better than Lamport..wish we could copy it here!!    just have to pedal yer bikes bit further....have a pint when you get there!!!

I'm sure we'll get used to the location, really doesn't seem that far from BC. Just hope matchday shuttle buses can be put on from the city centre.

Ds9caWNWsAEsoR7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2019 at 23:17, AB Knight said:

I'm sure we'll get used to the location, really doesn't seem that far from BC. Just hope matchday shuttle buses can be put on from the city centre.

Ds9caWNWsAEsoR7.jpg

A few pubs and Burton Lane Club are due to put buses on there and back. I think it's 3.5 miles from BC to monks cross although for the likes of me that doesnt matter as not starting my journey at Bootham! 

8 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

A few pubs and Burton Lane Club are due to put buses on there and back. I think it's 3.5 miles from BC to monks cross although for the likes of me that doesnt matter as not starting my journey at Bootham! 

Love the red ‘as the crow flies’ arrow. At first glance there’ll be a few back garden fences to negotiate and well as several fields, hedgerows and ditches. So, not sure what state you’ll arrive in. Also, watch out for the dog at number 42! ?

The thing for me is really to demonstrate that there is high demand to watch the Knights at the wonderful new community stadium. And why shouldn’t there be if we keep progressing as we are both on and off the field? I, along with most, want a successful Knights team, and this will go hand in hand with bigger crowds.

When we won the third division in 2005, we had free shuttle buses ???? running from the north, south, east and west of the city via the station to Huntington stadium. This has already been mentioned as a way of shuttling large numbers to and from the stadium from the centre of town.

I also really like the idea that pubs and clubs in York will put buses on there and back (assuming you imbibe?). If fans can make it to Baku for a game of footy, a three mile journey shouldn’t be too difficult for most to negotiate. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Just been having a read of the York community stadium and travel plan below. Appendix 2.

https://planningaccess.york.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=NGS6ZJSJH2900

Makes interesting reading. It is dated December 2014 so not sure if it still represents the latest thinking. Expect it won’t have changed a great deal.

White Knight, that sounds like one of my post rounds!

I hope the shuttle bus idea is being looked at as a matter of urgency. I've said it before, but with the buzz the ground creates for the first season or two we'll see an increase in travelling support. We'll also (hopefully) see even more York fans turn up but most will know what bus to get, where they can park etc thanks to local knowledge.

Last thing we want is 2000 Bradford fans or 1000 Widnes fans competing to get one of the parking spaces at the ground. And again we can't expect away fans to navigate various park and ride systems across town. Really need a shuttle bus linking up with strategic P+R stops and middle of the city centre such as the station.

First impressions are everything, you only have to look at the reputation the Salford stadium has, even though things have supposedly improved there many away (and home!) fans won't go because they still believe it takes 1+ hourw to get out of the car park after the match.

Those running both clubs need to realise if someone is unable to park, ends up having to leave it in the Asda car park and gets fined they won't be back. Let's make it as simple as possible.

Shuttle buses ran when we first moved to the Ryedale stadium they were popular and very busy at first  but after a couple of defeats they were running virtually empty the most popular one being from the station which was mainly used by visiting supporters I used to enjoy driving one of these buses and would love to see them running again the banter on them was great ?? I’m sure people could make their own way to the station and a regular round robin service to the stadium could run with 5 buses 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived