New stadium

DEANO

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to worry boys..I'm in my beloved hometown and.I get to say g'bye to Bootham Crescent with you lot...can't be bad..let the bevvies flow!!

5 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Not to worry boys..I'm in my beloved hometown and.I get to say g'bye to Bootham Crescent with you lot...can't be bad..let the bevvies flow!!

I wouldn't bank on the Wolfpack game being played at BC. It is an old stadium with poor and limited facilities hardly suitable for a Super League fixture, and I'd guess Sky will be looking for an alternative ground. It is a very sad state of affairs, but at least it is not the fault of the Knights.

7 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

It is an old stadium with poor and limited facilities hardly suitable for a Super League fixture

Wakefield will feel right at home. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

17 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I wouldn't bank on the Wolfpack game being played at BC. It is an old stadium with poor and limited facilities hardly suitable for a Super League fixture, and I'd guess Sky will be looking for an alternative ground. It is a very sad state of affairs, but at least it is not the fault of the Knights.

But if its jammed to the rafters with punters it would look good on the telly no?  where else would they do it at such short notice?

10 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Wakefield will feel right at home. 

Actually Lamport is no shangri-la and they're broadcasting from there..and the place looked pretty good when we had almost 12k shoehorned into a 10k place in the GF against Fev.

7 hours ago, DEANO said:

Don’t think for one minute it’s anything to do with the club

I KNOW the delay is nothing to do with the club ,  the builders and council would have made both City and the Knights aware of  when the first game could be played . But something is not right , why did Sky report with great fanfare that they would screen both matches , were they given assurances by the builders or GLL ? . Money down the drain for both clubs due to lost revenue while this farce is allowed to continue AND still no word from anyone involved , give us an update.....anything.

5 hours ago, RobertAM said:

But if its jammed to the rafters with punters it would look good on the telly no?  where else would they do it at such short notice?

Well the Wolfpack have played here before Rob so I can't see any problem , what was the score in that match ?.?

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Well the Wolfpack have played here before Rob so I can't see any problem , what was the score in that match ?.?

It was 14 to 0...oh mebbe you're remembering that 26 to 16 score..can't recall who won though...LOL

5 hours ago, Stirlin said:

I KNOW the delay is nothing to do with the club ,  the builders and council would have made both City and the Knights aware of  when the first game could be played . But something is not right , why did Sky report with great fanfare that they would screen both matches , were they given assurances by the builders or GLL ? . Money down the drain for both clubs due to lost revenue while this farce is allowed to continue AND still no word from anyone involved , give us an update.....anything.

Quite right , the paying support of city and the knights rightly expect an update, me personally i  don't care if we continue at the crescent all season , but as long as we get some info, all the photos months ago show the stadium virtually complete so I can't understand the delay and silence.

33 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Just announced the double header will go ahead at Bootham Crescent. At least we now know. 

Yes , very good statement on Knights website regarding this , my weekly walk to ASDA I had a look at stadium and the access road to the Motor Sport village from Kathryn Avenue is still a long way from completion , no progress at all from last week.

Round the back of the west stand big cherry picker at work and still a lot to do.

12 hours ago, RobertAM said:

It was 14 to 0...oh mebbe you're remembering that 26 to 16 score..can't recall who won though...LOL

The WMC opposite entrance to BC usually do an offer on Knights Ale for the game.

29 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

The WMC opposite entrance to BC usually do an offer on Knights Ale for the game.

is it any good?  I usually like the WMClubs  my grandad used to go to Tang Hall  remember him sneaking me in once...

Yes , very good statement on Knights website regarding this , my weekly walk to ASDA I had a look at stadium and the access road to the Motor Sport village from Kathryn Avenue is still a long way from completion , no progress at all from last week.

Round the back of the west stand big cherry picker at work and still a lot to do.

Maybe that suggestion about a June opening isn't far off the mark!

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

is it any good?  I usually like the WMClubs  my grandad used to go to Tang Hall  remember him sneaking me in once...

Decent pint , comfy enough........any black looks from the members probably means YOU are sat in THEIR seat which is par for the coarse in most WMC's.

39 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Anyone think it will be ready for next years world cup?.

If you bring in a crew of Chinese hospital builders..ofc then it could all fall down right afterwards

Decent pint , comfy enough........any black looks from the members probably means YOU are sat in THEIR seat which is par for the coarse in most WMC's.

Always amuses me whenever I gig in WMCs, they never put a table aside for the band so you inevitably sit in old Tommy’s seat who’s been in for half a pint of mild every night since 1923. Of course, someone could give you a little nudge and a heads up but that would be too simple, the British thing to do is stare, tut and complain about it later ?

Archived