New stadium

DEANO

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

What’s the latest on the stadium? I still have visions of seeing the Rams one more time at BC I’m afraid, though I hope not as it would be good to have at least something in the the “interim” season (as I suspect it will be) to look forward to! Is it still the plan to run buses from the station to the new ground?

Had a look around the stadium a couple of weeks ago organised by the club , Chairman , Neil the general manager , Scotty and his son , Baldy and Jack Teanby plus about 10 vice pres. Entered by the hospitality entrance and had a look around the changing rooms and stuff then walked out of the players tunnel into ground....WOW , no pictures you may have seen do the place justice. Had a peek in the hospitality suites at the back of main stand and Premier Lounge and vice pres suite.

Beer on offer is Theakstons Pale Ale , Fosters , Amstel , Bier Morreti and a couple of Strongbow ciders , I guess the same will be on offer in the main bar at ground floor level. It really is a fantastic place , just a bit of snagging left to do.

Not sure about the bus situation , maybe Gav could answer that for you.

On 08/07/2020 at 00:35, Stirlin said:

Had a look around the stadium a couple of weeks ago organised by the club , Chairman , Neil the general manager , Scotty and his son , Baldy and Jack Teanby plus about 10 vice pres. Entered by the hospitality entrance and had a look around the changing rooms and stuff then walked out of the players tunnel into ground....WOW , no pictures you may have seen do the place justice. Had a peek in the hospitality suites at the back of main stand and Premier Lounge and vice pres suite.

Beer on offer is Theakstons Pale Ale , Fosters , Amstel , Bier Morreti and a couple of Strongbow ciders , I guess the same will be on offer in the main bar at ground floor level. It really is a fantastic place , just a bit of snagging left to do.

Not sure about the bus situation , maybe Gav could answer that for you.

Honestly can't wait to get going! Nice range of drinks too which is never a bad thing. 

Hope we get a redo of the planned double header I was heading over for this past April.want to see our Wolfpack walk out into that splendid facility..plus the Kneets ofc!!

Just had a sneaky look at the stadium today , all looks good and the playing surface is as good as L S V . with regards to parking all signage quotes 4 hours free , if this stays the same how can there be conflict over car parking charges ?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

A bit in the Press saying theres a delay in finishing the stadium, thats a shock.

Walked past today SK and the car park in front of stadium was empty and temp fencing was locked , survey team of 4 near ten pin bowling alley which still has 2 units awaiting tenants and no one else around ,  maybe just sweeping up to do.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loads of flags lifted and big hole dug in front of turnstyles , could be where the drainage problem is , another hole dug on the Hollywood Bowl side. 2 huge metal shores dropped off in the car park so maybe another dig , as Deano sez...which crimbo ?.

• 1 month later...

Archived