New stadium

DEANO

On 05/03/2020 at 11:09, AB Knight said:

Bit of a Q+A between YorkMix and GLL in this article:

https://www.yorkmix.com/york-stadium-update-fresh-delays-but-no-structural-issues/

Thanks AB. Pity they didn't ask whether a proper scoreboard has been ordered to replace the 32" Goodmans widescreen that has been put up instead.

We'll get there eventually. In the meantime lets enjoy the remaining time at BC and give the lads our most vociferous support.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JonT said:

Thanks AB. Pity they did ask whether a proper scoreboard has been ordered to replace the 32" Goodmans widescreen that has been put up instead.

We'll get there eventually. In the meantime lets enjoy the remaining time at BC and give the lads our most vociferous support.

But the Goodmans might have a super inbuilt DVD player. Hold on though, that would obviously need testing. ?

We already had 3 cinemas , the priority should have been the stadium and it's access roads/car parking , WHY was this not hammered home by the council to Buckingham group. The shell of the cinema should have been an afterthought but the back wall in front of south stand finished first to ensure stadium was finished on time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 15:45, Stirlin said:

We already had 3 cinemas , the priority should have been the stadium and it's access roads/car parking , WHY was this not hammered home by the council to Buckingham group. The shell of the cinema should have been an afterthought but the back wall in front of south stand finished first to ensure stadium was finished on time. 

I imagine when they invited Cineworld into the complex they would have said we need to open by x date otherwise fines etc

8 hours ago, DEANO said:

Their talking about clubs folding at our and city’s level. Now wouldn’t that be a laugh

I certainly see it affecting the City more than the Knights with them being full time and having an academy. I imagine the City wage bill to be quite high in context especially with no gate money 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Wonder if the Castleford cup tie will be the first at the new stadium?.

Thought the challenge cup was cancelled

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

Thought the challenge cup was cancelled

Challenge cup and 1895 cup cancelled in July , R . L . saying hoping to complete later in the year , probably should have read postponed  ? .

• 3 weeks later...

Challenge Cup wise there are 4 championship and 1 league 1 side left in the draw which is a nice odd number for them. It will be interesting to see what they do with that if Championship & League 1 decide to cancel but Super League comes back. One way I suppose is to finish the super league season and bring the challenge Cup back as late as possible or do you cancel it for this year or give super league teams byes (?)? Personally the 1895 Cup would be good as a January friendly tournament playing final in a double header with a home friendly that say Leeds have. 

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

A bit in the Press today saying the Kiwis will be based in York using the Knights facilities as will a few of the womens teams for next years world cup cant wait.

I can't wait for the womens teams either John!! ?

I read in this week's League Express Fordy and Jon Flatman along with some club sponsors had a look round the new stadium last week. Fordy said he was well impressed but when asked about the rumour the Knight's are about to sign Blake Wallace from Toronto he said it's nice that people see we're interested in players of that ilk but the club don't comment on other club's players.

On 11/06/2020 at 11:54, Clarence Street said:

I read in this week's League Express Fordy and Jon Flatman along with some club sponsors had a look round the new stadium last week. Fordy said he was well impressed but when asked about the rumour the Knight's are about to sign Blake Wallace from Toronto he said it's nice that people see we're interested in players of that ilk but the club don't comment on other club's players.

Blake signed a 2 year extension in Nov 2019 so he's with us until at least end of 2021.

Archived