Toronto predictions

NickD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well wasn't expecting that. Fantastic effort from the team, played almost a perfect 65 minutes, but a couple of errors and Toronto capitalised. Good completion, good kicking and low penalty count. Forwards grafted really hard an Worrincy had his best game since signing for us. If we can perform like that we should be safe from relegation.

Ditto.  Superb effort and as other have said just one poor kick off and one knock on from a famous victory and me having to eat my words...

All 17 played their part and my only moan would be why the coach didn't bring back Samy Kibula earlier and why did Andrade get so little time..Kibula was awesome in the first half but didn't get back on the pitch until close to the end.  Hard to fathom..

Would like to see two of their tries on Sky.  Not sure the ball was grounded for either

Play like that every week and we will be fine (but can we I wonder?)

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Great performance by the lads for the vast majority of the game. Leading  by 13 with 10-15mins to go I thought we had them. 

As a Batley fan I really enjoyed the game and I was disappointed Dewsbury didn't win.

I always want Dewsbury to win against the other sides yet when it's the derby I hate losing ?

Not posted in a while but that performance deserves recognition. Just watched it back on sky to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Great game and a great advert for the championship with 2 teams really going for it. 1 to 18 for Dewsbury were superb, with Tom Garrett and Worrincey deserving special mention, plus how much has Kyle Trout improved over a few seasons? Hopefully the tv coverage may whet the appetite of a few prospective supporters. On a final note, the sky cameras zoomed in on Coolie who appeared to be fiddling about with something in his lap......purely innocent I expect.?

54 minutes ago, Kipperbang said:

Not posted in a while but that performance deserves recognition. Just watched it back on sky to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Great game and a great advert for the championship with 2 teams really going for it. 1 to 18 for Dewsbury were superb, with Tom Garrett and Worrincey deserving special mention, plus how much has Kyle Trout improved over a few seasons? Hopefully the tv coverage may whet the appetite of a few prospective supporters. On a final note, the sky cameras zoomed in on Coolie who appeared to be fiddling about with something in his lap......purely innocent I expect.?

Bet he trapped it in his zip again. Ouch!!!

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Ditto.  Superb effort and as other have said just one poor kick off and one knock on from a famous victory and me having to eat my words...

All 17 played their part and my only moan would be why the coach didn't bring back Samy Kibula earlier and why did Andrade get so little time..Kibula was awesome in the first half but didn't get back on the pitch until close to the end.  Hard to fathom..

Would like to see two of their tries on Sky.  Not sure the ball was grounded for either

Play like that every week and we will be fine (but can we I wonder?)

Watched the game as a Wigan fan interested in how Field and Kibula would do. When I saw the conditions I thought it would be a poor game but it turned out to be fascinating to watch. Great effort from Dewsbury against a side that's probably on 2 or 3 times the wages. Toronto definitely scored one try where the ball wasn't grounded but then one of the Dewsbury tries was also never grounded (the one scored by the number 12).

Good to read some praise of Kibula but I was surprised your coach picked him at second row. He's a ball playing 13 or prop if ever there was one and doesn't seem to have the mobility defensively to play out wide, nor does it seem to suit his best qualities. Despite being a huge player those aren't the conditions that suit him. On a drier pitch and playing down the middle his footwork, pace and ball playing ability could be a real handful. He's great at putting players through gaps. Hope he goes well for you guys.

31 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Watched the game as a Wigan fan interested in how Field and Kibula would do. When I saw the conditions I thought it would be a poor game but it turned out to be fascinating to watch. Great effort from Dewsbury against a side that's probably on 2 or 3 times the wages. Toronto definitely scored one try where the ball wasn't grounded but then one of the Dewsbury tries was also never grounded (the one scored by the number 12).

Good to read some praise of Kibula but I was surprised your coach picked him at second row. He's a ball playing 13 or prop if ever there was one and doesn't seem to have the mobility defensively to play out wide, nor does it seem to suit his best qualities. Despite being a huge player those aren't the conditions that suit him. On a drier pitch and playing down the middle his footwork, pace and ball playing ability could be a real handful. He's great at putting players through gaps. Hope he goes well for you guys.

Probably nearer 5 X our salary bill

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well wasn't expecting that. Fantastic effort from the team, played almost a perfect 65 minutes, but a couple of errors and Toronto capitalised. Good completion, good kicking and low penalty count. Forwards grafted really hard an Worrincy had his best game since signing for us. If we can perform like that we should be safe from relegation.

What do you mean 'safe from relegation?'...if you guys play like that week in and week out its a top 4 spot for sure...great effort Dewsbury...Wolfpack should have known better than to go head to head with a Ram...certain to get a headache!

Congrats on the great game and magnificent effort.

45 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

What do you mean 'safe from relegation?'...if you guys play like that week in and week out its a top 4 spot for sure...great effort Dewsbury...Wolfpack should have known better than to go head to head with a Ram...certain to get a headache!

Congrats on the great game and magnificent effort.

Our wage bill is probably bottom four, which is most likely where we will finish. Wage bills pretty much determine where you finish give it take a place or two. We have zero chance of making top four.

4 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Our wage bill is probably bottom four, which is most likely where we will finish. Wage bills pretty much determine where you finish give it take a place or two. We have zero chance of making top four.

Not if you play every game like you did today.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Who needs enemies when you've got fans

Really great effort and nearly spoiled my prediction, yet I never felt comfortable, even with the score at 17-4. Sykes kicking dead from the kick off probably changed things and did Morton drop the ball, or was he ‘helped’? No Sky for me to check on that. 

I do hope we can perform like that again and I still maintain defence wins games and we so nearly did. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Yea a fine effort and we played the conditions well- and a bit more composure at crucial times (such as Worrincy’s break) could have seen us home. Form we have to replicate for the lesser sides and mid table security and a fair crack at the 1895 cup will be ours. Nice to be positive so early in the season!

8 hours ago, Rammylad said:

Who needs enemies when you've got fans

Have we got a bigger wage bill than Sheffield, Fev, York, Bradford, Toronto, Widnes, Toulouse, Leigh etc .? Unless someone knows then think our wage bill is in the lowest four in the division. And unless you think we are a better team than some of these teams bottom four is the likeliest finish. Think we should avoid relegation, but mid-table looks out of reach. 

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Really great effort and nearly spoiled my prediction, yet I never felt comfortable, even with the score at 17-4. Sykes kicking dead from the kick off probably changed things and did Morton drop the ball, or was he ‘helped’? No Sky for me to check on that. 

I do hope we can perform like that again and I still maintain defence wins games and we so nearly did. 

Great effort by the lads, and I was proud of them yesterday. Like CF though, I never felt we had it won, and I'd probably still have been nervous if we'd been thirty up, If only because we have always (under any coach) had the uncanny knack of being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

15 hours ago, NickD said:

Miracles do occur..

They do, Equalizer getting one right being one of them.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

13 hours ago, RobertAM said:

yep well done Rams..keep it up all season and you will be in the mix.

We would, but we wont...

Been a problem of ours for sometime  this consistency lark..

Same effort and lack of mistakes at Fax and we are quite capable of bringing home the two points but we will see..

On 3/3/2019 at 6:55 AM, Kayakman said:

I'm upping my prediction to 1201...I know you guys can do it and get the folks out for the big game.  Call everyone...offer free beer.

Was only off by 50...attendance 1251....wait until my crowd figures from games at Lamport come in....its going to amaze you. 

3 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

One of many believe in your team.

You can't count all them voices in your head as fans Tranquiliser..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived