Doncaster

Town93

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky boys. Sounds like handling wasn’t brilliant but looking at conditions at dewsbury not surprising. Always a hard place to go but an interception try of a penky pass and a bit of magic from their hull player is the difference. UTT 

11 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Disappointing but just a setback it was probably one of our hardest away games of the season, 4 Hull DR with SL experience probably made the difference. UTT

This is what I find bemusing about how we use DR. Surely the time you need it is when playing a team that is fully utilising it ? We’ll use it against teams we could beat without it but then not use it in games where we could do with a bit of extra quality. Doesn’t make sense to me.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

3 minutes ago, Derwent said:

This is what I find bemusing about how we use DR. Surely the time you need it is when playing a team that is fully utilising it ? We’ll use it against teams we could beat without it but then not use it in games where we could do with a bit of extra quality. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Colton was in Huddersfield 19 so we couldn’t use him 

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

I think we’ll only use it if injuries mean we don’t have a full squad and I’m quite happy with that. We have enough quality in our squad to compete with all teams in this league if they are all available. I think Donny have a smaller squad than ours and were always going to use dr this year. 

3 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Donny have a smaller squad than ours and were always going to use dr this year. 

That’s been their policy but it’s one that can bite you 

3 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Good to hear Leon still upbeat after defeat, he said the boys give it their all and that's good enough for me. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Early days . No one will be running away with this league . If we keep improving , putting it all in away and winning at home we won’t be far off . Injuries are the unknown factor and how you absorb them but no different for anyone else . Nowt in this league and nowt to be frightened of

Been to the match and that was a hard game, there defence was very good in the first half when we were pushing a lot, Tyler misted a tackle and they get a interception and a two man bench make the difference, I'm not to disappointed the lads tried their best, great to see Karl Olstrum back. UTT 

24 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Been to the match and that was a hard game, there defence was very good in the first half when we were pushing a lot, Tyler misted a tackle and they get a interception and a two man bench make the difference, I'm not to disappointed the lads tried their best, great to see Karl Olstrum back. UTT 

Who got the injuries mate? Please don’t say Penky!!

43 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Early days . No one will be running away with this league . If we keep improving , putting it all in away and winning at home we won’t be far off . Injuries are the unknown factor and how you absorb them but no different for anyone else . Nowt in this league and nowt to be frightened of

He's right to be upbeat (3 not 4 duel reg btw). Great game. 2 of the best sides in the division. I'm obviously happy but today took a lot of hard work. REALLY hope these are the 2 sides going up. Remember the last time??

Archived