Doncaster

Town93

21 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I hope Rooke doesn't go the same way he's at least as good as Worthington.

Yea I agree. Showed at the back end of last season that he certainly has what it takes at this level. But I get the impression,   and I might be wrong, that he seems prepared to knuckle down and take his chance when it comes. We are certainly light on numbers though and when injuries start to bite we could struggle. 

I think this is where the game has gone backwards. Not sure when A team rugby finished but it would certainly be around the arrival of super league when everything changed in rugby league and not always for the better. It must be very difficult for players who don’t get to play the game, when in days gone by you had the chance to impress your coach in the A team as well as being able to bring back injured players. In my mind there was so many things better about the game pre super league, not least the fact that you could play all squad members in a weekend, but also the fact that the whole game was more of a level playing field. But the big bucks were dangled and everybody went for it. I’m all for change if that change is for the good but has it genuinely improved the quality of  rugby league  overall, personally I don’t think it has, a lot of the  games I watch on sky now bore me ,( but I can watch videos of the Walshy era time and again and be amazed at the quality of free flowing rugby) and the number of great clubs who have nearly gone to the wall chasing and trying to keep the super league dream alive wouldn’t necessarily say it’s been for the better. Gone a bit off kilter there, rant over. UTT

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived