Sun 3 Mar: SL: London Broncos v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm (Matchday Sponsor: Rugby League World!)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/19 at 15:00

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Wigan by...………….. I don't like to think about it.

Wigan by whatever they want.

London will put up a good show though. They have more quality and grit than the last SL version. 

I ll be there. My first game at Trailfinders ground. Only 20 minutes on the 207 bus from my house.

Think I ll give the beer a miss and have a few beers in Kew or Brentford after the game.

9 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

For visitors, note apparently it costs £5.60 a pint. It seems the queue for one at half time was very modest last week. I'm imagining the visiting Cas fans were not impressed. 

Clearly these prices are designed to fund Ealing Trailfinders RUFC ! 

12 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

For visitors, note apparently it costs £5.60 a pint. It seems the queue for one at half time was very modest last week. I'm imagining the visiting Cas fans were not impressed. 

A pint of Trailfinders own brew (same name) was £4 last year from memory? So not sure if that is the bar as well as the new beer van (not had a beer so far this season).

That is not far off London prices though. It was the same at Lingfield for the horses too.

Most of Cas just bought in their own cans by the looks of it. Don;t blame them and no checks. Just bring a 6 pack in.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

A pint of Trailfinders own brew (same name) was £4 last year from memory? So not sure if that is the bar as well as the new beer van (not had a beer so far this season).

That is not far off London prices though. It was the same at Lingfield for the horses too.

Most of Cas just bought in their own cans by the looks of it. Don;t blame them and no checks. Just bring a 6 pack in.

I am quoting a reliable friend who went to the game and  even by London prices he wad amazed. Hardly anyone on the queue for drinks.

No checks for drinks looks distinctly dodgy to me. Can that  be seriously allowed ??

13 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I think I paid about £4 or so for a bottle of some gnats widdle pretending to be lager (no beer ffs!) in Stringfellows circa 1991, I was checking behind me to make sure I hadn't just bought a round!

A friend lives in Bucks and most of the pubs we go to it's circa £4.60/ pint, here in Hertfordshire it's a little better generally but still £5.60 is a bit much even for most parts of London, but if they think that they can sell it at that they will, but as you say it's not going to get the tills ringing when the Northerners come down.

Much cheaper at Skolars I might add!

Oh and Wigan by 20, I don't think it's going to be a massive blowout for some reason.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

I am quoting a reliable friend who went to the game and  even by London prices he wad amazed. Hardly anyone on the queue for drinks.

No checks for drinks looks distinctly dodgy to me. Can that  be seriously allowed ??

£4.60 for Lager when we played there a few weeks ago,stay clear of the Trailfinders own brew,it tastes like rat pish.

14 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Blaaaahdy hell, that's Wembley-esque.

Still, looking forward to my first game of the season. Duke Of Kent, then in to the ground, and hopefully not too much of a shellacking for London!

Previous visits to Trailfinders have been for games against 'smaller' sides, so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of buzz can be generated with one of the big boys in town.

Just now, dredgie said:

It's £4.60 a pint plus a pound refundable deposit on the (Broncos branded) plastic pint pot

I will ask... he may not have bothered to even get one if seeing the price at first glance.   Sadly 4.60 is par for the course around me.  Fortunately (?) for me my doctor says (virtually) no alcohol.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I will ask... he may not have bothered to even get one if seeing the price at first glance.   Sadly 4.60 is par for the course around me.  Fortunately (?) for me my doctor says (virtually) no alcohol.

Same from mine a few years ago, still drinking and still here, pah what do they know ?

2 hours ago, dredgie said:

It's £4.60 a pint plus a pound refundable deposit on the (Broncos branded) plastic pint pot

That makes sense - I had forgotten but heard someone mention it.

They have reusable glasses - so it is £4.60 a pint.

Panic over.

And yes - never had a bag checked. 

If you've got any cash left after you've bought a round and a programme, nip into the club shop and pick up a copy of Rugby League World magazine!

It's annual 'Be Nice To Our Sponsors Day' - it isn't really, I just mad that bit up, but Rugby League World is the matchday sponsor for this game, so it would be lovely if you bought a copy of the mag, and as an added bonus the club benefits from the sales too (and there's an interview with Danny Ward in it).

On 2/28/2019 at 2:06 PM, Davo5 said:

£4.60 for Lager when we played there a few weeks ago,stay clear of the Trailfinders own brew,it tastes like rat pish.

Having double checked my mate, he paid 5.60, but being presumably a bit dim (don't tell him) he was unaware of any refund for the 'glass'.  It suggests the refund is not particularly well advertised.  He went to a lot of trouble to see the game by the way... was a neutral... so may be better warned next time. Wigan fans please look out for a confused pensioner.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:41 PM, Leonard said:

Do the Broncos  & The other club share the beer takings ? 

Archived