HALL OF FAME - WEEK 7 EDWARD 'EPPIE' GIBSON

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Spent all yesterday talking to supporters from that time .My Parents and Aunties and Uncles were all Town fans , and they all said Eppie was the best Back Town had at that time for his all round game in defence as well as attack .Similarly everyone i talked to yesterday had the same opinion .I asked  the fans i spoke to yesterday , why then did we allow Eppie to leave for Haven at the age of 28 , when he would be at his peak ?There is no mention of any transfer fee paid in any article about him i have read either . Can anybody shed any light ?

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Spent all yesterday talking to supporters from that time .My Parents and Aunties and Uncles were all Town fans , and they all said Eppie was the best Back Town had at that time for his all round game in defence as well as attack .Similarly everyone i talked to yesterday had the same opinion .I asked  the fans i spoke to yesterday , why then did we allow Eppie to leave for Haven at the age of 28 , when he would be at his peak ?There is no mention of any transfer fee paid in any article about him i have read either . Can anybody shed any light ?

We have a history of always trying to help out our less fortunate neighbours.

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Spent all yesterday talking to supporters from that time

That’s my idea of a good day . I love listening to all the stories 

Archived