Second Fans Forum

Dave Naylor

Fans' support crucial in tackling the game's problems

AS many of you will already know we have set up a management board, headed by chairman Chris Hamilton and comprising of Anne Kearns, Roger Halstead, Dave Naylor, Dave Murgatroyd, John Davies, Ben Whisker and Julie Collins.

Working hand in glove with Chris, this new group will be striving to increase attendances, bring in more income, improve the club’s profile and secure its future at a time when all clubs are tackling financial hardship and battling to stay in business.

Read full article

19 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Fans' support crucial in tackling the game's problems

AS many of you will already know we have set up a management board, headed by chairman Chris Hamilton and comprising of Anne Kearns, Roger Halstead, Dave Naylor, Dave Murgatroyd, John Davies, Ben Whisker and Julie Collins.

Working hand in glove with Chris, this new group will be striving to increase attendances, bring in more income, improve the club’s profile and secure its future at a time when all clubs are tackling financial hardship and battling to stay in business.

Read full article

This, and the sharing the workload, seems a real positive to come out of the negative of CH being poorly. A really positive development, and gives hope for a brighter future.

I am quoting from the article 

"In his programme notes for the Whitehaven game, Chris said that in terms of clubs’ financial problems the past 12 months were the worst he had known in his 22 years of official involvement."

My question is why was it the worst 12 months??

2nd year in basement of Rugby League comp playing poor delevolpment teams, also doesnt help playing at a ground not fit for purpose why would good Rugby people pay £13 for a product that they can get on a saturday for £2 at Saddleworth or St Annes

Dont belete about why a private company cant make money selling rugby to oldham fans make your company Sellable to your market

22 years of not making a profit says it all is it the product or the supplier

6 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Dont belete about why a private company cant make money selling rugby to oldham fans make your company Sellable to your market

22 years of not making a profit says it all is it the product or the supplier

Looking forward to seeing you at the forum then where you'll have the opportunity to present your solution.

16 hours ago, AmigoTopping said:

I am quoting from the article 

"In his programme notes for the Whitehaven game, Chris said that in terms of clubs’ financial problems the past 12 months were the worst he had known in his 22 years of official involvement."

My question is why was it the worst 12 months??

Is he not alluding to the likes of widnes Bradford Swinton rochdale financial issues, rather than our own?? Clubs financial woes are becoming more common each season and we do well to continue year on year on a shoestring and reliant on a band of hardy volunteers that work their socks off week in week out 

18 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Is he not alluding to the likes of widnes Bradford Swinton rochdale financial issues, rather than our own?? Clubs financial woes are becoming more common each season and we do well to continue year on year on a shoestring and reliant on a band of hardy volunteers that work their socks off week in week out 

Agree with that - he was clearly addressing the general state of the financial problems within the game as the reference was to 'clubs' financial problems', not the club's financial problems. A crucial difference!

I hope people showed up for the latest fans forum. I didn't go as for this season I won't be a regular attendee to games for money reasons so didn't feel right about going if I'm not watching games. I've been to these things in past seasons and nothings happened as a result of them,I just hope these new people involved can make things happen. I just hope that Chris hasn't burned all his bridges with the stay aways with his "North Korean" isolationist attitude. The club needs to embrace what fans we have left and try to embrace new ones.

6 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

More positives at fans' forum

BEST news of the night at Oldham RLFC’s second fans’ forum in the Vestacare Social Club was provided by the number of Roughyeds supporters who were now signed up to the OuRLeague app.

Read full article

It read like it was a good, productive evening. ORLFC need to reconnect with the town if it is to have a future. How I don't know but hopefully these new people involved will be able to drum up some business. Fingers crossed.

All sounds good , but why as it taken CH so long to recognise the hole we've been sliding down for so many years ?

The decline in crowd figures to shockingly sad levels are on his watch.

People will be a bit cynical regarding this change of direction but I genuinely wish good luck to the newly-formed managerial. team.

I still think a representative should be on the management team from rugby Oldham. 

As they would bring a different perspective on things  as if I was devil's advocate the present team comprises of current volunteers and staff so it could be argued that they won't go against Chris. 

I must stress myself don't have an opinion at the moment until I see the results. 

The results must be the crowd especially when we play West Wales 

The fact is, all sports clubs fan base is far bigger than their average attendance. That is because not everybody can make every match. If the average number of home supporters is say 500, then this is not the exactly the same 500 turning up each week. Some people might only miss a certain number of games, on the matchdays they are missing they will be replaced by a bunch of people who can only attend a certain number of games. This would be down to things like work commitments, family commitments, ill health, finance. I would think that if you could ask that 1200 or so people signed up to OuRLeague, most of them would have attended matches. If a team is doing well and winning stuff, then the fans make more of an effort to get there, thus increasing the average attendance.

What we need is new fans.

Archived