Inaugural Americas Nines Tournament May 18 in Toronto

Great news. Internationals should always be used to increase exposure in areas we’re trying to build the game.

I’m amazed we don’t see more internationals in Toronto and the south of France especially.

Its one thing trying to get people to a Wolfpack game in Toronto but what about a double header with Canada v USA and two top tier nations.

54 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

I like the rule that a team having conceded a score then gets the chance to immediately regain possession as the scoring team makes the restart kick. I saw this in Union 7s and thought it a good move. Would be good to see it in the 13 a side game too!

It used to happen in 13-a-side RL but was changed back because it meant teams already on the back foot were then immediately pinned again inside their own half and it led to hammerings. In RL field position is more important than possession, much less so in 9's.

Not happy about this at all. They've scheduled this the weekend before the Carolina 9s knowing well in advance it was happening.

Absolutely ridiculous.

new rise.jpg

From my understanding the Carolina 9's is a domestic event over a long weekend based around community teams, including juniors etc. The Toronto one is a 4 team international event that lasts an afternoon. Seems to me that they are pitched at very different participation levels, so what's wrong with having them on consecutive weekends?

Archived