Interesting Comments and Questions Asked

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/news/chairmans-statement/

He appears to be asking a few questions re: the Widnes situation, revealing a few operating realities for Swinton and generally calling for fair play in this respect.

Importantly they’re asking for fans to be the change they want to see in term of promoting Swinton Lions.

Next up at Heywood Rd is Leigh which should be a good watch.

I suppose Andy has every right to ask these questions , most probably the reply he will get is that every situation is different , even when it isnt , I'd imagine there has been some very twitchy bottoms at Red Hall this last week or so

It is interesting and I have to say some of the comments about the points deduction being 'double jeopardy' have made me laugh.

Administration is increasingly being used as a way to walk away from debts and screw people over then start again like nothing has happened. Keeping Widnes alive is important and right but the RFL need to balance that with the overall damage these incidents do to the reputation of the sport. I really believe the reputation of RL is pretty low among suppliers and potential sponsors and non-payment is a big factor in this. Didn't Salford get taken to court more than once for not paying Kooga? And no doubt Widnes will be leaving a lot of people out of pocket.

If the RFL have decided that keeping clubs alive is the most important thing at any cost, then they need to be consistent with it and allow every club the same options.

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Because its not the way to be asking these questions. Im far from a defender of the RFL or Rimmer or really any of the administrators in our game but it seems like whenever anything happens we have somebody within the game inferring something untoward has happened fueling stupid conspiracy theories.

If its not things like this, its Andrew Chalmers weekly word-vomit, or somebody else peddling some nonsense about hwo SL are trying to take over the game, about how the RFL are trying to screw the SL clubs, about how this club is favoured about how that club is a pariah.

Andy Mazey even says I will of course reserve judgement until these questions are answered and won’t comment any further at this stage. Good plan, but it makes the rest of the post/article completely pointless and useless.

The game as a whole seems to have forgotten there is a difference between openness and transparency and airing your dirty laundry

You don't agree with him saying what Swinton have gone through.That is your right.

Other posters on here think his questions fair.

But again why is he embarrassing?

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I have no issue with his questions, they are, should everything he say be true, fair questions to ask.

But these are questions he should ask of the RFL to the RFL. They arent questions to ask in public statement that implies there is something nefarious, unfair or untoward going on.

He states he has asked the these questions of the RFL and is awaiting answers. Why not wait for those answers and if those answers arent good enough and there is evidence of unfair, untoward or nefarious actions then go public.

We are seeing far too much baseless innuendo about corruption and bias that is never backed up. Direct stakeholders in the game shouldnt be questioning other people within the games integrity so lightly or frequently.

We shall have to disagree.

I would like the RFL to clarify their position in response to Swinton’s statement publicly to be honest.

This isn’t about airing dirty linen in public, this is about following your own rules and regulations consistently and in a transparent fashion.

I think the paying public deserves an explanation.

15 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I would like the RFL to clarify their position in response to Swinton’s statement publicly to be honest.

This isn’t about airing dirty linen in public, this is about following your own rules and regulations consistently and in a transparent fashion.

I think the paying public deserves an explanation.

I think it is certain that no response will be made.

Unfortunate that an individual who enjoys the sport,commits money to it and runs a club,should be considered embarrassing.

I do wonder why wealthy people seem to avoid the sport.

If there has been a different criteria applied to different clubs then the question has every right to be asked.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived