band at leeds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I guess they are still testing things, don't know if it was just me but the floodlights seemed really bright too? 

Yep, the lights where too bright, a) my wife has a medical problem impacted with lights too bright and she couldn't see most of the game (sitting in North stand) - have to take sun glasses next game  b)lighting was such you couldn't see the big screen clearly (seemed to be in shadow) for replays of controversial decisions or actually how bad the team was defending some of the tries..

19 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yep, the lights where too bright, a) my wife has a medical problem impacted with lights too bright and she couldn't see most of the game (sitting in North stand) - have to take sun glasses next game  b)lighting was such you couldn't see the big screen clearly (seemed to be in shadow) for replays of controversial decisions or actually how bad the team was defending some of the tries..

Yeah I wear glasses and the glare seemed ridiculous. I've spoken to my mate who also wears glasses and was at the game and he felt the same.

why should it take time to create the atmosphere? when atmosphere is a spontaneous instant feeling that cant be manufactured, the 1st game at home in the new stadium should be enough to create a buzz alone-hope this isn't another example of modern regimented plastic soullessness 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

14 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

They've been a 'thing' at Leeds for a while, haven't they? To the TV spectator it used to be a minor irritant you could subconsciously filter out, but the new south stand acoustics made them sound as if they were standing in my garden.

And why were they playing "Oh, Warry Warry" and "When the Saints"?

Possibly you misheard.  Possibly not actually saying "Warry Warry..."  I'm sure it was likely something quite different.

34 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Ah well... it's only cost 40 million quid.

sounds so naff on telly.makes games look so amature for any newbies, i remember leedv wakey about 4 years ago and they were stood under ganty making a racket and you couldent hear tv commentry for the band, barry mac asked em nicely to maybe move along the terrace and they refused(all were been talked thru in the box live). same racket until they moved with ten minutes to go. one of our fans had a little kids toy singing amp at blackpool and they took it off him and binned it so how the hell we have a full rubbish band is mental,:read:

1 hour ago, M j M said:

The band are endorsed and supported by the club.

maybe sponser some music lessons then as after years a trying they suck big time. i like to listen to the game as it flows inc ref and pundits. must be so off putting for fans stood nearby.

I got there just after Kick off, so I could only manage to stand just inside the yellow line and it seemed a bit cramped . Don't know what it was like further I side

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

30 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I got there just after Kick off, so I could only manage to stand just inside the yellow line and it seemed a bit cramped . Don't know what it was like further I side

I was stood within the 10 meter line pretty much and it was cramped at that end. Lots of people stood on the yellow lines, stewards cane down once and told everyone to move but there was no where to move to so everyone stayed where they were. There was still plenty of room to get past though

In the old South Stand (at least when I stood there through the '90s) stewards used to stop people going up the centre access stairways and into the centre sections when they were full - is that not happening in this new one. From what I could see from the eastern end of the seats there was space for more in the wing areas.

22 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

There awful Sheff Wednesday got rid of them from every game to about 2 a season now. 

They're still at Wednesday, despite numerous campaigns to get rid of them, they are (some) of the same people involved at Leeds, apparently they started out because they were passionate Wednesday fans but now they are just talentless whores who will play for anyone who pays them.

I have the "pleasure" of sitting near them for the Sheffield derby tonight!

17 minutes ago, meast said:

They're still at Wednesday, despite numerous campaigns to get rid of them, they are (some) of the same people involved at Leeds, apparently they started out because they were passionate Wednesday fans but not they are just talentless whores who will play for anyone who pays them.

I have the "pleasure" of sitting near them for the Sheffield derby tonight!

do they watch the game while banging away, i find it hard to eat my burger when actions on the pitch never mind make that sort a racket week after week. and they get PAID...:download:you say.

14 minutes ago, silverback said:

do they watch the game while banging away, i find it hard to eat my burger when actions on the pitch never mind make that sort a racket week after week. and they get PAID...:download:you say.

Yeah, usually banging and parping away aimlessly  despite the fans on the kop trying to get a song started, the band then just play over the top of them, the exact same repetitive ###### you hear at Headingley, is the same repetitive ###### you get at Hillsborough and at England games!

On 3/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, Konkrete said:

Going to buck the trend here. I think they’re great. Contribute to the atmosphere massively.  If I had a slight criticism it would be unnecessary appropriation of other clubs’ theme tunes as mentioned above. 

Well I was there and they chuffing don't - you want to listen to a band go to a chuffing band concert - utterly terrible.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:54 AM, AB Knight said:

Ive been told (incorrectly?) they are also the same people who provide the 'music' at Sheffield Wednesday and England matches. 

I'm a drummer myself and the only time I've ever enjoyed musical instruments at a rugby league game was when Castleford played Catalans down in Carcassone, the locals had drums etc but were playing them with talent and a bit of Mediterranean/New Orleans style flair, some really nice Gene Krupa type rhythms being played which added to the carnival atmosphere.

When it's just some oaf from Beeston or Airedale hitting the thing as hard as possible it adds nothing.

There seems to be a band at all the Toulouse home games as well. I'm on the fence about them.

The traditional drumming at NZ Warriors games is really good as they seem to adjust their playing based on the action on the field. It's almost like a soundtrack to the game.

1 hour ago, meast said:

Yeah, usually banging and parping away aimlessly  despite the fans on the kop trying to get a song started, the band then just play over the top of them, the exact same repetitive ###### you hear at Headingley, is the same repetitive ###### you get at Hillsborough and at England games!

cheers,they seem to speed up with the play when leeds have the ball,at least they pipe down a bit when they drop ball. bet you couldent get away with one a them airisol horns we used to have at stockcars/speedway years ago nowadays.:punish:

Stood in front of them on Boxing Day and to be honest it spoiled the game. Couldn't concentrate on the game and when they did have a brief break you were on edge, dreading the racket starting up again. Put me off going on South Stand, possibly Headingley any time soon. Perhaps trade them in for those Peruvian musicians who used to buck in town centres.....can't beat a bit o pan pipes and nose flute?

24 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Is there anyone who likes this so-called band?

I believe that their mum's describe them as lovely boys and they can't understand for the life of them why they don't have girlfriends.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived