Dogs v Bulls - relegation dog fight

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Woeful

today we were and i’m sorry but if people can defend that then they are blind to see the truth we played average in the last 15 minutes with certain players turning up JC, Browny Scotty and brearley and Galbraith and one or two others and If Matt is dropping players he needs to drop brambani after today 3 times at home he’s missed touch with penalties and today he got caught with the ball its was endless 

i think Yates and Louie need a chance and I don’t know why we didn’t given Archie Bruce a chance he’s better than Hemingway 

Also only one player came over to the fans to thank them which was Dave Scott 

Spot on that Dave Scott was the only one with the decency to come over to the Batley fans. Shame on the rest of you players and the snivelling coach who was in hiding again.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "coach" should try coming down from his warm,  little ivory tower and sit on the bench with the lads, it would probably be appreciated by the team and the supporters. At the moment it just seems be a case of "me and them" when Jk sat on the bench the lads played far better it showed he was part of the team.

Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

2 hours ago, beestondog said:

The "coach" should try coming down from his warm,  little ivory tower and sit on the bench with the lads, it would probably be appreciated by the team and the supporters. At the moment it just seems be a case of "me and them" when Jk sat on the bench the lads played far better it showed he was part of the team.

he only used to slither round for last few minutes last season if were looking like a win was on the cards to sit with rest a team on bench,(dident happen too often)  but its more than sitting on bench, the whole attack as gone to pot and were supposed to be playing to some sort a plan thats coached, no drop offs or coming back on angles at pace near sticks to score, ###### kicks straight into opos arms,no bouncing grubbers to catch em out and maybe get another set and one on ones steals are history, so whats been coached as the boys dont like it or sure dont want to look interested from looks a things, an handfull a players put the effort in today and some should be dropped for weeks not one game, what we lack is a ball handling gaffer to aim people round the park. so besides brownie trying to do everything and having a great game as he always does along with scotty gledders dicky and leaky jc i aint a clue what we need. but then someone reckoned diskin had told finni who wanted to come to the mount he wernt good enough said it all for me as he would a been just whats needed to take some a the graft off brownie, talk a people binning season tickets on way out so it might just be at least 12 months too late to have had a change a coach. sad days to come.

29 minutes ago, silverback said:

he only used to slither round for last few minutes last season if were looking like a win was on the cards to sit with rest a team on bench,(dident happen too often)  but its more than sitting on bench, the whole attack as gone to pot and were supposed to be playing to some sort a plan thats coached, no drop offs or coming back on angles at pace near sticks to score, ###### kicks straight into opos arms,no bouncing grubbers to catch em out and maybe get another set and one on ones steals are history, so whats been coached as the boys dont like it or sure dont want to look interested from looks a things, an handfull a players put the effort in today and some should be dropped for weeks not one game, what we lack is a ball handling gaffer to aim people round the park. so besides brownie trying to do everything and having a great game as he always does along with scotty gledders dicky and leaky jc i aint a clue what we need. but then someone reckoned diskin had told finni who wanted to come to the mount he wernt good enough said it all for me as he would a been just whats needed to take some a the graft off brownie, talk a people binning season tickets on way out so it might just be at least 12 months too late to have had a change a coach. sad days to come.

Sad days to come indeed. It is becoming an expensive pastime on a Sunday.  When you have a partner and have food and a drink it has become a £50+ hour and a half entertainment  ( I say with baited breath). No more for me now until things change. How long can the powers that be still have faith until someone eventually sees what the supporters are seeing.

I wonder why we didn’t have a minutes silence either in memory of our former player Peter Fox... 

..........and Bradford''s former Coach. It would have been a fitting occasion for both Clubs to pay respect to one of the game's greats.

1 hour ago, Bulldog Days said:

..........and Bradford''s former Coach. It would have been a fitting occasion for both Clubs to pay respect to one of the game's greats.

Just as a point of interest, Peter Fox made a total of 180 appearances for Batley, scoring 315 points in that time. As a Coach, he brought back glory days to Odsal after a 28 year dry spell, winning the first division title for Bradford in 1980 & 1981, and Coached Great Britain to a famous victory against Australia in 1978. Peter also Coached Yorkshire, where he achieved 8 wins from 8 games.

What a grim afternoon in every way! 

So many errors, made by individuals that stopped us in our tracks. First, we get a penalty under their sticks, and end up twenty metres short after the first tackle. The ultimate end to that passage of play was to knock on from a GLDO on the half way line and they subsequently score! The vice captain gets penalised for kicking out when we are in possession, two metres from their line just after scoring. We run the ball on the last playing uphill, make decent yardage, then rather than pass the ball, get caught in possession. And not to make touch playing downhill with a gale behind us is unforgivable.

I know it is all ifs and buts.....but at ten nil down at half time we would have still been well in the game. At 16-6 we were still in with a shout, then Brown was penalised and it went!

Do we have a plan? A plan to play, a plan for the last tackle, a plan to play the slope, just a plan! Look at how Bradford played yesterday, they played to a plan, everyone seemed to know their role. And led superbly by Lilley whose game management was excellent.

I wouldn't have Yates and Brambani in the team together either, as they both effectively do the same job. Yesterday we were crying out for a spark of creativity, and Jouffret may have provided that! He might not, but he has that potential.

And finally, MD needs to think about what he says on the radio after the match. What impression does it give of the club and himself?

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

So many errors, made by individuals that stopped us in our tracks. First, we get a penalty under their sticks, and end up twenty metres short after the first tackle. The ultimate end to that passage of play was to knock on from a GLDO on the half way line and they subsequently score! The vice captain gets penalised for kicking out when we are in possession, two metres from their line just after scoring. We run the ball on the last playing uphill, make decent yardage, then rather than pass the ball, get caught in possession. And not to make touch playing downhill with a gale behind us is unforgivable.

I know it is all ifs and buts.....but at ten nil down at half time we would have still been well in the game. At 16-6 we were still in with a shout, then Brown was penalised and it went!

Do we have a plan? A plan to play, a plan for the last tackle, a plan to play the slope, just a plan! Look at how Bradford played yesterday, they played to a plan, everyone seemed to know their role. And led superbly by Lilley whose game management was excellent.

I wouldn't have Yates and Brambani in the team together either, as they both effectively do the same job. Yesterday we were crying out for a spark of creativity, and Jouffret may have provided that! He might not, but he has that potential.

And finally, MD needs to think about what he says on the radio after the match. What impression does it give of the club and himself?

This. I’m not one to call for the coach’s head, I understand the stance on giving it time, not sacking coaches etc etc, but even I’m getting fed up now.

To be honest, we aren’t far off in terms of wins v losses than I thought we would be at this point in the season but the performances have been awful in the main. I just can’t see any evidence of a cohesive gameplan, and the list of players not even making the squad is just incomprehensible. Why is Wardy not getting a game half the time? Where is Jouffret? Chopping and changing the team just isn’t working. Brambani shouldn’t be getting a game at the moment IMO, he’s been poor, he should be the one marshalling the troops, but again that may be down the the gameplan, or lack of. 

Bradford were very beatable yesterday, shame we didn’t take advantage. We are really going to have to rely on beating Rochdale and Swinton twice to survive, I think.  

exactly what i was thinking , absolutely no plan at yesterday, kicking game was woeful to say the least and could have been playing till this time next week and still wouldn't have scored another try. I brought a female union supporter to her 1st game of league and hers words were do the Batley players know each other as they are playing like complete strangers... good news not put her off coming again but there will have to be a marked improvement in playing if i'm going to drive her up again

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

12 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

We are really going to have to rely on beating Rochdale and Swinton twice to survive, I think.  

This!

Sad when the season feels over and we've only played a few games!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

25 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

This!

Sad when the season feels over and we've only played a few games!!

disgusting yesterday, was embarased to watch a shambles of a game, no  control, no leadership, no kicking game when is last time any batley player even attemted a 40/20, im done

worse of it is to come with same old same, how long before the likes a brownie and scotty say they have had enough and move on to a winning team. might be one win outa 9 at this rate. and any doubt about players not wanting to play for the coach will will be made worse every time diskin does an interview on whats what. i really thought yesterday on way home he would be sacked today for sure.:read: wonder what sharpies up to nowadays.:download:

7 hours ago, distantdog said:

I thought we had one piece of unluck yesterday when browny ran at wildie bumped him off and had the ball stolen and Keenan scored in the corner we got a penalty but no advantage shame really as browny gave away the needless penalty the following set 

26 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I thought we had one piece of unluck yesterday when browny ran at wildie bumped him off and had the ball stolen and Keenan scored in the corner we got a penalty but no advantage shame really as browny gave away the needless penalty the following set 

I thought there were question marks about all 3 of the Bradford tries yesterday. A knock on at the PTB for one, a ball steal that never was gave them field position for another, and a supposed charged kick that was kicked in to a player stood no more than 2 yards away that bounced in to touch and he gave Bradford the head and feed from the scrum. 

I would like to point out though, these decisions didn't cost us the game. I thought he gave us pretty much everything in the second half and balanced it out. The difference was, we couldn't capitalise on it.

There were two very poor teams on show yesterday, I suspect the Bradford support will be almost as despondent as we are, despite picking up the two points. 

20 hours ago, silverback said:

It may seem an  attractive story but Liam Finn had no interest in joining Batley. HTH.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

100% correct 

rightyho, someone mention this in bar and i did think no way. but then someone else whos closer to whats what said same thing at start a game, not to worry am told blakeys on his way to fitness.:wild: one things for sure we need a playmaker yet again.no good the likes a brownie scotty jc n leakey n mannu busting a gut making yards with our other big lads if we dont have someone to do sommat special to finish it off with  a play that brings points.

had make do with our gaz,,,back  :read:

11 hours ago, silverback said:

rightyho, someone mention this in bar and i did think no way. but then someone else whos closer to whats what said same thing at start a game, not to worry am told blakeys on his way to fitness.:wild: one things for sure we need a playmaker yet again.no good the likes a brownie scotty jc n leakey n mannu busting a gut making yards with our other big lads if we dont have someone to do sommat special to finish it off with  a play that brings points.

Gaz and Disco - a partnership made in heaven!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

just to add to this we had a player at Hunslet who even though he only played a few games through injury I really rated, he went to Batley this year , name ... Niall Walker, Whats happened to him ? Don't say hes injured again ?

2 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

just to add to this we had a player at Hunslet who even though he only played a few games through injury I really rated, he went to Batley this year , name ... Niall Walker, Whats happened to him ? Don't say hes injured again ?

Still injured ? 

14 hours ago, silverback said:

We’ve got one playing at 6... in Yates just needs to play with Louie and given time I bet it would work 

Yates at 6 is wasted ? last few seasons he’s killed us when he’s faced us at scrum half not stand off 

2 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

Was fit Sunday , we just rather play Someone out of position than play a actual winger on the wing

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived