Dogs v Bulls - relegation dog fight

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

We’ve got one playing at 6... in Yates just needs to play with Louie and given time I bet it would work 

Yates at 6 is wasted ? last few seasons he’s killed us when he’s faced us at scrum half not stand off 

Lots of coaches nowadays seem to regard half backs as interchangeable when the difference is screamingly obvious from the terraces. At least you haven't got around to playing a second rower there.........................yet!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

We’ve got one playing at 6... in Yates just needs to play with Louie and given time I bet it would work 

Yates at 6 is wasted ? last few seasons he’s killed us when he’s faced us at scrum half not stand off 

do you know have only just been saying this morning with a couple a dewsbury fans at jym that yates looked brill time after time against us, a good coach brings best out a players but am sorry disko brings the worst out of top players, they reckon morro were better. and all the hard work done over the years destroyed. bet we go one win  outa 9 games:download:

Just been reading in Evening Post that Diskin is quoted as saying "Dane Manning's discipline was woeful last week and that's why he didn't play this week. Wayne Reittie and Sam Wood played poorly last week that's why they didn't play this week. There were no injuries the lads who don't play well don't get selected" Personally I think that is public player assassination and should keep such quotes inside the dressing room. ( Fev fan)

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Lots of coaches nowadays seem to regard half backs as interchangeable when the difference is screamingly obvious from the terraces. At least you haven't got around to playing a second rower there.........................yet!

I remember Tommy Gallagher playing stand off.  Barrow I think. Uphill second half ....65m....got hat trick. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

12 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Just been reading in Evening Post that Diskin is quoted as saying "Dane Manning's discipline was woeful last week and that's why he didn't play this week. Wayne Reittie and Sam Wood played poorly last week that's why they didn't play this week. There were no injuries the lads who don't play well don't get selected" Personally I think that is public player assassination and should keep such quotes inside the dressing room. ( Fev fan)

Agree. Using the coaches theory of dropping people playing poorly ,looks  like next weekend we will be missing a lot of players!!!!

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

5 minutes ago, colinb said:

Agree. Using the coaches theory of dropping people playing poorly ,looks  like next weekend we will be missing a lot of players!!!!

Its all well and good dropping players who aren't performing.  But whose going to drop the coach for not performing.  The players are only playing to the coaches instructions.

13 minutes ago, colinb said:

Exactly what I was thinking. And Sam Wood got 2nd place in forum MoM against Sheffield. How does that work??

Once the coach starts criticising his players in public,then I think there can be only one outcome and the board need to recognise this and act swiftly. It's one thing to criticise inside the dressing room and this may be justified but public airing of differences only suggests that the coach has lost the confidence of the players and is trying to excuse himself and lay all blame at the players door. It has never worked in the past and won't work now. The coach has to be ultimately responsible for the team's performance. Better  for the chairman to sit down with the coach and, if we're not a club that ever sacks the coach, to come to a mutual agreement to a friendly parting of the ways. The sooner, the better.

22 minutes ago, colinb said:

I remember Tommy Gallagher playing stand off.  Barrow I think. Uphill second half ....65m....got hat trick. 

There are exceptions Colin but you will remember GB/England (not sure which) playing Farrell and Sculthorpe there to no great effect. Sometimes I think some coaches have a need to show that they are cleverer than the rest of us.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

Personally I think that is public player assassination and should keep such quotes inside the dressing room. ( Fev fan)

You are bang on !!

He started "bagging" his players in public as soon as he arrived . Half of a coach's job is "man-management" and it is woefully clear that this man is a rotten "man-manager". If you have issues with any player then keep it in the dressing room where it belongs ! By all means criticise individuals on a "one to one" basis but slagging off players in public is merely diverting attention away from himself . If you are the boss in any organisation the buck stops with you !! Do not blame others when you are in charge !

I believe he dropped Dane Manning for "poor discipline" which is fine but if you did it with every player we would only have 10 starting each game !! I believe Manning made 44 tackles in the Sheffield game which is a pretty   good "shift" to say he had an enforced rest for around 20 minutes during the game !!

Coaches must stand or fall by their decisions and currently his decisions have been less than satisfactory !

22 minutes ago, colinb said:

how come smeatons in then when hes been gash for months, dident we do just same last year until players had a meeting themselves and came up with the idea to play for the fans and sponsers and sod the coach. dident we go on to play some cracking rugby and win a few games after that meeting, and all that cobblers over we dont sack coachs is naff, if you went in a cafe a few times and cook were rubbish and everybody said same do you think he would get sack or sit looking at empty seats. i doubt the bod think its as what it really is, infact i think they could play better without a coach at the moment and just have freedome to play like we know they can. let potman coach em.:wild:

22 minutes ago, silverback said:

how come smeatons in then when hes been gash for months, dident we do just same last year until players had a meeting themselves and came up with the idea to play for the fans and sponsers and sod the coach. dident we go on to play some cracking rugby and win a few games after that meeting, and all that cobblers over we dont sack coachs is naff, if you went in a cafe a few times and cook were rubbish and everybody said same do you think he would get sack or sit looking at empty seats. i doubt the bod think its as what it really is, infact i think they could play better without a coach at the moment and just have freedome to play like we know they can. let potman coach em.:wild:

Great post silverback, especiall about playing to their own skills in a team game without coach tactics. I know that would work, and then we could show our supporters what we know we can do. 

4 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I think after the warm up on Sunday diskin needs to say to the players,  today there is no game plan, go out there and show me and the supporters what you can do and enjoy the game. I'm sure that we would perform much better.

naa. just set off without him,:punish:to be fair it not going to be a one game turn around as the players are not only looking fed up they have now been coached to play some real rubbish. it would take powell a few weeks to change em and put fire back in there bellys. plus toronto will be in backlash mode. they dont need or probably  dont want to be buddys with coachin staff and go on lash, they should respect and allmost fear a coach to play top rugby,

No offence to any poster on here but I just can't be bothered reading anyone's text longer than 2 sentences. I will watch on Sunday via box in living room but half hearted struggles may get shafted for e.t, kes or some arnie action movie.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

7 hours ago, nineoil said:

You are bang on !!

He started "bagging" his players in public as soon as he arrived . Half of a coach's job is "man-management" and it is woefully clear that this man is a rotten "man-manager". If you have issues with any player then keep it in the dressing room where it belongs ! By all means criticise individuals on a "one to one" basis but slagging off players in public is merely diverting attention away from himself . If you are the boss in any organisation the buck stops with you !! Do not blame others when you are in charge !

I believe he dropped Dane Manning for "poor discipline" which is fine but if you did it with every player we would only have 10 starting each game !! I believe Manning made 44 tackles in the Sheffield game which is a pretty   good "shift" to say he had an enforced rest for around 20 minutes during the game !!

Coaches must stand or fall by their decisions and currently his decisions have been less than satisfactory !

When opposing players are overheard talking about their surprise at our lack of fight, that really does hurt when this is the major asset our team have had prior to Diskin. Time to ring the changes and start building confidence and belief into a team that is at the moment devoid of these necessary qualities to compete in a league that is becoming ever more competitive.

Archived