Rugby League Back Chat - Thur 7 Mar 5pm on Freesports with special guest Maurice Lindsay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always interesting to hear from Uncle Mo.

One point I’d make is there are so many podcasts these days that the format of discussing the previous weekend’s matches etc is in danger of getting tired.

Caplan and Sadler indeed have their own podcasts that cover very similar ground to Backchat.

Hopefully there will be a wider variety of guests discussing broader topics 

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Couldn't find it on Virgin despite the claims. The channel numbers quoted don't seem to exist.

It's definitely on Virgin Media. I just went on their website and saw it in the TV Guide. Channel numbers flip about all the time on there, especially the minor ones. Do a bit of scrolling, it should turn up somewhere. Or, if anyone on here has Virgin Media, can they post the correct channel number, for future reference? Ta.

But anyhow, you can watch it online now here:

I found the financial controls discussion interesting but the views odd. A live cap doesn't mean that you are checking they can pay the bills to the caterers etc. These are independent businesses and it was strange what the panel were suggesting.

To try and pin these clubs failing on the RFL is BS, clubs in RU lose millions and millions, some in the NRL do, many do in football, that is sport, as long as somebody is paying the bills it is ok. 

Unless they brought a rule in that every club has to return a profit, which I think is unworkable due to director loans and investments in facilities etc. then these businesses need to have the freedom to make their own choices, as long as it is within the rules.

The RFL govern, not parent the clubs. 

Pretty interesting to hear Lindsay strongly disagree with Phil Caplan who had an expansion hat on and how we should do things better then previously. Interesting that this 'visionary' could absolutely be classed as a fervent traditionalist based on current divides.

Good to have it back, strong edition. Mo was GUD!

Dynamics were interesting with "Can you please just let me finish !" Mo Lindsayand the two journos talking over the Programmes presenter naughtily!

And don't we have any more youger people who can appear on this?

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Pretty interesting to hear Lindsay strongly disagree with Phil Caplan who had an expansion hat on and how we should do things better then previously. Interesting that this 'visionary' could absolutely be classed as a fervent traditionalist based on current divides.

Yeah that was fascinating, PSG like Mo had had no say in it!

Mind you for a while I thought Mo was Parky!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

It's definitely on Virgin Media. I just went on their website and saw it in the TV Guide. Channel numbers flip about all the time on there, especially the minor ones. Do a bit of scrolling, it should turn up somewhere. Or, if anyone on here has Virgin Media, can they post the correct channel number, for future reference? Ta.

But anyhow, you can watch it online now here:

Ah, found it! Channel 533.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

He sounds more like an average fan than a leader at times, and not in a good way.  The comment that referees would make a decision to 'get on TV' is ludicrous, it's the sort of thing you hear in the pub and dismiss immediately.  

On 3/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, John Drake said:

Thoughts on the show, anyone...?

I've given a couple of views on the topics, but on the actual show, I must say I really enjoyed it. 

I'd like to give credit to Matthew as the anchor, I thought he did a very very good job. He kept it moving, but knew when to shut up and let the panel speak. With respect, it is the panel we are interested in, and he seemed to get that. Great job by him, and a very interesting panel.

Archived