It's official

RobLambert

Featherstone Rovers boss Ryan Carr holds clarification talks with RL referees.

Disgruntled coach Ryan Carr says he has contacted the Rugby Football League's referees Department over incidents in his team's 3 away games this year.  Rovers have won both their home matches in the Betfred Championship, but have yet to pick up a point on the road after defeats at Bradford Bulls, Leigh Centurions and Widnes Vikings.  They are 6th in the table and in the wake of the 44-22 loss at Widnes yesterday, Carr insisted : "We didn't get any favours off the officiating". He said "the officiating away from home has been hurting us in all 3 games. "I have discussed it with Phil Bentham and the feedback I got was he agrees

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Featherstone Rovers boss Ryan Carr holds clarification talks with RL referees.

Disgruntled coach Ryan Carr says he has contacted the Rugby Football League's referees Department over incidents in his team's 3 away games this year.  Rovers have won both their home matches in the Betfred Championship, but have yet to pick up a point on the road after defeats at Bradford Bulls, Leigh Centurions and Widnes Vikings.  They are 6th in the table and in the wake of the 44-22 loss at Widnes yesterday, Carr insisted : "We didn't get any favours off the officiating". He said "the officiating away from home has been hurting us in all 3 games. "I have discussed it with Phil Bentham and the feedback I got was he agrees

Phil Bentham is bound to agree, it is him giving out the dodgy instructions to the referees! ?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's getting worse, apparently it used to be just tight decisions in close games where the refs were biased against us but now it's happening when we're getting a 44-point thumping...?

The ref could quite easily pulled us up for a forward pass for Newman's 1st try from Smith and for Kings try he could quite easily have pinged Lockwood for interference/offside, but he didn't.

Why?

Because he isn't/wasn't under direct instructions from the RFL to ensure Fev lose. 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's getting worse, apparently it used to be just tight decisions in close games where the refs were biased against us but now it's happening when we're getting a 44-point thumping...?

I know - I was quite surprised at that as well.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

The ref could quite easily pulled us up for a forward pass for Newman's 1st try from Smith and for Kings try he could quite easily have pinged Lockwood for interference/offside, but he didn't.

Why?

Because he isn't/wasn't under direct instructions from the RFL to ensure Fev lose. 

Well if Newman's first try was forward we don't just watch different games each week - I think we support different clubs. 

As for King's try - totally agree.  Locky obstructed and almost pushed the defence out of the way.  Mind you the game was over by then.  Reminded me of a crucial one in the 2014 play-off final v Leigh (which wasn't given)

A couple of their tries in the first half shouldn't have stood imo but as has been said above this wasn't the reason that we lost - our defence was terrible.   

Gellings try in corner looked dodgy but Kings should have been disallowed also for interference. Like Dan Smiths at Leigh looked dodgy. Refs have to make split second decisions. Carr would be wise not to put statements out regarding referees in the public domain and look to the fact that we were rolled over in the first sixteen minutes of a game that ended up pretty even Stevens.Getting beat at Widnes was no shock but that first sixteen minutes was worrying.

41 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Well if Newman's first try was forward we don't just watch different games each week - I think we support different clubs. 

As for King's try - totally agree.  Locky obstructed and almost pushed the defence out of the way.  Mind you the game was over by then.  Reminded me of a crucial one in the 2014 play-off final v Leigh (which wasn't given)

A couple of their tries in the first half shouldn't have stood imo but as has been said above this wasn't the reason that we lost - our defence was terrible.   

When Smith offloaded the ball in the build up there was an audible cry of 'forward' from the Widnes fans and in my opinion it was a flat pass at best.

The one in the 2014 final wasn't given because it wasn't a try, it was obstruction.

Finally you start a thread using a part quote supporting your argument that all refs are bent, and then conclude by saying we lost the game because our defence was poor and not because of the ref. The point of this thread is what, exactly?

I’ve seen plenty of NRL games and to be honest the refs let a lot go over there, so for an Australian to complain he must have seen something.  Our defence was s*** on Sunday and that’s what cost us the game, we were too slow out of the blocks, we are too laboured getting the ball out, but,  I can’t unsee the pretend try at Bradford and it’s when decisions like like are given against us and as a result costs us the game, it’s very hard to stomach.  Not sure how true it is, but heard that the ref at Leigh told King to stop ducking into tackles as he had a few blows to the jaw area and he would be penalised if he continued to duck.  Referees are human, I don’t think for one minute they have a vendetta against Fev, but when they make blatant errors they should be held to account....what’s the solution?

In our last home game the ref gave us all the 50/50 decisions. To accuse a ref of being biased against us is a load of humbug. We lost end of story. Refs are human and do make mistakes. So do coaches and management of clubs. We will be all robots in the future the way society is going.

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

In our last home game the ref gave us all the 50/50 decisions. To accuse a ref of being biased against us is a load of humbug. We lost end of story. Refs are human and do make mistakes. So do coaches and management of clubs. We will be all robots in the future the way society is going.

Colin.....  these are extraordinary circumstances..... i find myself in total agreement with you....  wow!!?

I'm off for a lie down!!!

Is this a statement accusing officialdom of being corrupt or is it a cry in the dark against lax and schoolboy defence which obviously reflects upon the team and the coach?. Wipe your eyes, owd lad and start to kick the guilty ones into shape. Cannot stand cry babies.

13 hours ago, Dog forever said:

99.9%  of fans whose team loses will swear on oath that the ref lost them the game. We have all been there. How many times has a decision gone fevs way when it really should have gone to the opposing team.  Swings and roundabouts come to mind.

And slides. Rectify your problems at home instead of blaming others or you will start sliding down the slippery slope.

Archived