NEWS | Wilkinson close to return

Dons News

Brandan Wilkinson says he can’t wait to be back out on the field as he edges closer to full fitness.

The forward has been out since June of last year with a knee injury, but isn’t too far away from making his return to the squad. 

He said: “I’m hoping to be back out there with the boys in the next few weeks once I’ve got a good spell of training under my belt.

“When I first suffered the injury they told me the recovery period would be 12 months, and I’m looking at being back within 10 which is a bonus.

“It’s been hard not being involved, I’m always asking the physio if I can join in at times but I know I have to be patient.”

After having to watch the back end of last season from the sidelines, Wilkinson is hoping to have a big impact in the remainder of 2019.

He added: “Last year was tough for me, we were playing for a lot so I wanted to be out there and everything was out of my hands. 

“Hopefully this year we can go on and get that promotion, and this time I’ll be out on the field and feel a part of it."

View the full article

Archived