7 Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/19 at 19:45

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millington will be a big loss for us and with Wire being at home I fancy them by a couple of scores

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Really looking forward to this one as I enjoy the style of play that both Warrington and Cas play.

I'm leaning towards Warrington as they will have been stung last week and they will want to bounce back at home.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Whilst last weeks outcome was a disappointment, not to mention frustrating viewing, it wasn't a lack of effort that lost the game rather than simple, silly momentary lapses in concentration. I think atonement may be on the cards tonight. Wire by 14.

2 hours ago, CiderWire said:

Whilst last weeks outcome was a disappointment, not to mention frustrating viewing, it wasn't a lack of effort that lost the game rather than simple, silly momentary lapses in concentration. I think atonement may be on the cards tonight. Wire by 14.

It’s a difficult one to work out - was it simply a bad day at the office or down to the fact that the team flew out very early that morning?   Steve Price has a ‘no excuses’ policy which is great but I do wonder if it had an effect looking at the silly mistakes.   Catalans is never an easy place to go, but we outscored them 4 to 3 and also bombed a few other clear chances (Austin, Lineham and Charnley).   Lineham had a shocker, but he’s not had a bad game for over a season so I’ll give him a free pass on last weekend.

I hope we bounce back tonight in the same fashion as we did with the short turnaround after Wembley last year.

Looking forward to seeing Trueman up against Austin, ifthe weather is anything like it's been here it might restrict some of the open play we expect from these sides. Backs to the wall narrow Cas win?

5 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

ifthe weather is anything like it's been here it might restrict some of the open play we expect from these sides

Hope not, I've really enjoyed some of the opening matches this season.   Refreshing after the last couple of years.

It's due to stop raining by kick-off time anyway, although the grass and ball will be wet of course.

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Few changes for Wire. Lineham and Atkins out. 

Ben Currie, Mamo and Taxi in the starting 13.

Taxi for Tasi.

Absolutely delighted to see Currie back!

edit - big decision to drop Lineham and Atkins. Mamo has very little game time under his belt, so he needs to really step up. I hope Price knows what he's doing - maybe he's playing a longer game....

9 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Taxi for Tasi.

Whilst it is probably bad news for my team, genuinely glad to see Currie back.

At least we know what Sky are gonna talk about for an hour.?

18 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Taxi for Tasi.

edit - big decision to drop Lineham and Atkins. Mamo has very little game time under his belt, so he needs to really step up. I hope Price knows what he's doing - maybe he's playing a longer game....

Are clubs allowed to chop and change the squad like that these days?   I suppose they must be genuine injuries as I thought the squad declaration thing was there to prevent betting scandals.

Astonished to see Ben Currie back in with no game time for 12 months.   Expected him to be eased into it slowly ?

In fact I thought Dave T was winding us up!

I'm happy enough with what I've seen of Mamo, and King is back to his natural position I suppose.

Massive massive gamble with Currie IMO but the staff have obviously seen enough of him in rehab and training to be convinced he can both survive and do a job in a crunch top of the table clash <<< prays for an injury-free Ben C ? >>>

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'm happy enough with what I've seen of Mamo, and King is back to his natural position I suppose.

Massive massive gamble with Currie IMO but the staff have obviously seen enough of him in rehab and training to be convinced he can both survive and do a job in a crunch top of the table clash <<< prays for an injury-free Ben C ? >>>

I was sat really close when he went down against Bradford in the cup last year.  It was like a funeral in the stands when he got carted off. I think we all knew he was done. 

So tonight I'll be flinching every time he's involved in a tackle. He's such a rare talent and it's great that everyone wishes him well.  Rugby league family and all that. 

Can understand the pessimism of their fans but Cas tend to be pretty good at adapting when they're missing a few. Bench looks a bit weak compared to Warrington's but I still expect it to be close.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Don’t often pay much attention to Phil Clarke as a good start usually tails off into praise of Wigan, but he’s spot on about Daryl Powell... no other coach can inspire such confidence out of his players - especially the youngsters who come into the side in pivotal positions.

Archived