7 Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/19 at 19:45

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I actually disagree that Charnley was the problem last night, it was the two defenders who were constantly trying to hold him down to prevent a quick ptb.

I'm with Padge on his stance on interference at the ruck. The defenders need to make a tackle and then get out of the way. They wanted their hands in all night and them complained when they were penalised. It is an issue for the game.

Do you seriously believe Matt Cook was correctly penailised when his hand was deliberately trapped by Charnley?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Padge said:

If the squad change was within the rules then whinger Powell can shut the fik up. 

On another note on Powell, post match interview. "I presume you cameras caught all our players sitting it out in the stands, not that I am using injuries as an excuse". Of course you are using it as an excuse, that's why you brought it up, he wasn't even prompted.

OK, going into Padge mode for a second...

Please provide solid proof that Powell actually whinged about the 19 man squads with links 

as for your second point - you don;t like him, we get it

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Do you seriously believe Matt Cook was correctly penailised when his hand was deliberately trapped by Charnley?

Both at fault on that one KT.   The video replay showed Charnley trapping it but Matt Cook clearly made no attempt to slide his arm out.   The referee had to go one way or the other.

It was balanced up by two ridiculous diving penalties and that knock-on.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Both at fault on that one KT.   The video replay showed Charnley trapping it but Matt Cook clearly made no attempt to slide his arm out.   The referee had to go one way or the other.

and if he does move his arm out, the ball get lost and a penalty is given for ball steal

2 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

and if he does move his arm out, the ball get lost and a penalty is given for ball steal

But if it’s the ball carrying arm the attacker has a right to hold the ball tightly to avoid losing it anyway.   Always a tough call that one.

8 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

That is covered by my point about these things being 50:50.

But it isn't as clear as his arm being trapped. He can move his arm no problem. He can look to the ref and explain, it happens all the time. If you don't penalise them, suddenly everyone's arm gets trspped all of a sudden. The only person who put Cooks arm there was cook. If you don't want to be penalised tackle differently is the solution.

Kendall only one who could not see Warrington players trapping Cas player in to get a penalty , all clubs going to be doing this now if that how easy it is go get away with it , poor from Kendal. 

12 hours ago, Gates1 said:

This is getting ridiculous now from Kendal now.  Championship for you next week pal. 

We've already got enough dipsticks thankyou

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, swann5 said:

Kendall only one who could not see Warrington players trapping Cas player in to get a penalty , all clubs going to be doing this now if that how easy it is go get away with it , poor from Kendal. 

By that logic then all players will be diving like Cas did to get two penalties plus a fake steal.

If it’s all the refs fault then he was bad for both sides.   Some of those 50/50 calls were hard yesterday but as long as they’re consistent it’s easier to take.

Let’s not forget Cas came off better by 50% with the penalty count.   The reason they lost was that Warrington’s goal line defence was outstanding bar one occasion.   No one was robbed last night.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I actually disagree that Charnley was the problem last night, it was the two defenders who were constantly trying to hold him down to prevent a quick ptb.

I'm with Padge on his stance on interference at the ruck. The defenders need to make a tackle and then get out of the way. They wanted their hands in all night and them complained when they were penalised. It is an issue for the game.

Thats ridiculous, he was thrashing around like a hooked salmon at every tackle, then when he finally got to his feet looked indignantly towards the ref asking why he was allowing these plebs to dare tackle him. He`s not the only one who does it, he`s probably not even the worst, but he does it and I`m sick of watching them cheat constantly. Until the coaches and players stop all this ###### in the tackle they have no right to complain about any referees decisions that go against them.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Thats ridiculous, he was thrashing around like a hooked salmon at every tackle, then when he finally got to his feet looked indignantly towards the ref asking why he was allowing these plebs to dare tackle him. He`s not the only one who does it, he`s probably not even the worst, but he does it and I`m sick of watching them cheat constantly. Until the coaches and players stop all this ###### in the tackle they have no right to complain about any referees decisions that go against them.

I disagree, there was a lot of holding down last night. Charnley has every right to battle to get up. 

We need to stop portraying the defenders as poor innocent victims.

When arms are 'trapped' round the ball, the usual result is a slow ptb. Defender wins.

When a defender is 'trapped' on the floor at a ptb, the usual result is a slow ptb or one where the dummy half is interfered with. Defender wins. 

When a defender is between the dummy half and the 1st receiver, the usual result is the dummy half has to change his position run instead of passing. Defender wins. 

These things are not all happening by accident. The tackle/ruck is a battle, if the defender ends up in a weak position, they have lost the ruck and leave themselves open to penalty if they don't get out of the way. Defenders expect to be able to interfere and slow the ruck down to allow themselves to get back into the marker position.

Certain players always seem to get their arms 'trapped'. 

So I don't disagree with your over-arching point, but you seem to focus on the attacker only, when the biggest culprit here is the defender.

3 hours ago, swann5 said:

They've been doing it for the last few years!

25 minutes ago, dkw said:

You can disagree all you like, but you are wrong.

Nah, you are sick of attackers trying to cheat to play the ball quickly. I am sick of defenders trying to cheat to slow the ptb down.

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

That is covered by my point about these things being 50:50.

But it isn't as clear as his arm being trapped. He can move his arm no problem. He can look to the ref and explain, it happens all the time. If you don't penalise them, suddenly everyone's arm gets trspped all of a sudden. The only person who put Cooks arm there was cook. If you don't want to be penalised tackle differently is the solution.

sorry but that is absolute nonsense

20 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

sorry but that is absolute nonsense

Well it's strange that the refs keep penalising this if it is so blatantly wrong. The ref thought that Cook interfered by keeping his hand around the ball after the tackle was complete. 

Personally I thought there were far more controversial calls than that one, but they are what they are, not really worth moaning about.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Anyone want to chat about the rugby?

Mamo is a keeper - quality but with age on his side.   Lineham is certain to leave when his contract is up as he wants to head home over the Pennines.

I was a little disappointed with our attack last night as it seemed to be mostly five drives and a kick, but according to the post-match conferences that was a deliberate back-to-basics exercise in completion rate after last week, so I guess that’s why we reigned in the offloads compared to previous weeks.

I stand by my concerns about penalties conceded versus awarded.   We spent a lot of time defending our own line last night, and I thought Castleford would be the one club who could take advantage of that.   So fair play to our defensive structure and the last-ditch efforts of some players.

PS I’m a fan of Trueman,  but what the hell was Wells talking about?   Trueman had an okay game, he’s better than the average half-back but ‘once in a generation’?   I’m not yet convinced.

I'm not convinced that Mamo is a natural replacement for Lineham. Admittedly he's not had much game time in a Wire shirt but last night he had two walk in tries that my Mum would have scored so let's not get carried away. 

I was really pleased with BMM last night, it was great to see him spend longer on the pitch without running out of steam.  His try was a beauty, running hard onto a perfect pass and lifting the crowd massively.

Daryl Clark continues to be our stand out player, it's like there's two or three of him on the pitch at times. He's doing 80 minute unwavering stints, very much back to his best. 
I'm intrigued to see how Patton develops over the season. This is his first guaranteed run in the first team and he's showing some lovely touches. He makes the odd error but then again he's in the game so much that you notice them more. I'm still worried about his one on one defence but I have confidence that he will hold his own until Widdop arrives then get a good deal at another SL club if he wants guaranteed 1st team rugby. 

Lots more to say but I'll leave it there for now.

As for Cas, they were on a hiding to nothing with a number of injuries, a miserable Thursday night away trip and an opposition out purely to right the wrongs of last week. I expect them to make at least one major final this year if they get more luck with their fitness.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I was really pleased with BMM last night, it was great to see him spend longer on the pitch without running out of steam.

Much welcome improvement in endurance...   it was a bit of a concern previously.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I expect them to make at least one major final this year

My tip to win the challenge cup, not just make the final.   Their attack is just made for summer rugby at Wembley.

18 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Much welcome improvement in endurance...   it was a bit of a concern previously.

My tip to win the challenge cup, not just make the final.   Their attack is just made for summer rugby at Wembley.

It will depend on various issues, good cup draws in CC, injuries to key players could scupper even the best teams.Having a squad in good condition when the big matches come round.

Also there are a few sides who can turn anyone over in one off games. 

On 3/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, Cheshire Setter said:

By that logic then all players will be diving like Cas did to get two penalties plus a fake steal.

If it’s all the refs fault then he was bad for both sides.   Some of those 50/50 calls were hard yesterday but as long as they’re consistent it’s easier to take.

Let’s not forget Cas came off better by 50% with the penalty count.   The reason they lost was that Warrington’s goal line defence was outstanding bar one occasion.   No one was robbed last night.

I did say Wires were better side .

Archived