Match thread: Featherstone Rovers v Sheffield Eagles Sunday 10th March 2019

So, we now embark on the three games that at the start of the season looked like they might provide some respite after a very tough opening - Sheffield, Swinton, then dewsbury. But with Sheffield unbeaten and scoring points for fun, Swinton almost beating Toulouse and Halifax and Dewsbury nearly beating Toronto, those games look a bit different now.

Changes to the starting line-up last week didn't help our cause and there seem likely to be more this week. Harry Newman is in the Leeds 19-man squad and Kallum Watkins isn't due to a bruised knee (he may return next week), so unless they decide to play Liam Sutcliffe at centre it looks like Newman will be playing for Leeds rather than us.

Luke Briscoe has a groin issue and is one of several inury niggles reported by the YEP this week. We haven't had any recent updates on the injuries to Carey, Walters or Teteh, but Walters was apparently in a boot on Sunday so presumably he's some way off returning. If Teteh's still out we might have some real issues in our threequarters.

On the plus side, Jack Bussey is finally eligible again which will lead to some difficult decisions in the pack.

No doubt Sheffield are going to be well up for this, they seem to be on the crest of a wave and with Thackeray and Knowles facing us for the first time since leaving plus the likes of Matty James, Blackmore and Crookes, they are going to see this as a massive match for them. We will need to be much better than last week, that's for sure.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/reynolds-set-for-rovers-bow-j9ClK

no Daniel Smith - injured, or a late call-up for Huddersfield tonight?

there's a third possibility - we have 2 loanees and 3 DR in the squad, which is the maximum 5 that you can include. Would seem strange to drop Dan after his outstanding game last week, but Cam was just as good against Batley and maybe with injuries in the threequarters having Golding was seen as a more pressing need for that position.

I find the carey situation iffy - nothing really has been mentioned about him and his injury & when he will be back & he seemed to be in all the pictures with boas brothers in the schools and community at start of season and now hes not been in any recently - wonder if he is no longer with us??

4 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

I find the carey situation iffy - nothing really has been mentioned about him and his injury & when he will be back & he seemed to be in all the pictures with boas brothers in the schools and community at start of season and now hes not been in any recently - wonder if he is no longer with us??

His Instagram page seems to have disappeared too.

28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

His Instagram page seems to have disappeared too.

Might have strained his bicep, like Sam Irwin. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Carey is still with us he's is recovering  from surgery on his hand which he posted on his Instagram page a few weeks ago 

2 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

He was at the reserves match on Wednesday, sitting with Lockwood and Hardcastle, and with his wrist still in a brace.   

Here's what he's up to: 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

See my comments further up the page. Just guessing though.

Surely that relates to Cameron Smith? He received quite a few votes v Batley in MOM voting. Little heard of him since but the name adds up. Didn't he play for Leeds in their last game?

On 3/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

So, we now embark on the three games that at the start of the season looked like they might provide some respite after a very tough opening - Sheffield, Swinton, then dewsbury. But with Sheffield unbeaten and scoring points for fun, Swinton almost beating Toulouse and Halifax and Dewsbury nearly beating Toronto, those games look a bit different now.

Changes to the starting line-up last week didn't help our cause and there seem likely to be more this week. Harry Newman is in the Leeds 19-man squad and Kallum Watkins isn't due to a bruised knee (he may return next week), so unless they decide to play Liam Sutcliffe at centre it looks like Newman will be playing for Leeds rather than us.

Luke Briscoe has a groin issue and is one of several inury niggles reported by the YEP this week. We haven't had any recent updates on the injuries to Carey, Walters or Teteh, but Walters was apparently in a boot on Sunday so presumably he's some way off returning. If Teteh's still out we might have some real issues in our threequarters.

On the plus side, Jack Bussey is finally eligible again which will lead to some difficult decisions in the pack.

No doubt Sheffield are going to be well up for this, they seem to be on the crest of a wave and with Thackeray and Knowles facing us for the first time since leaving plus the likes of Matty James, Blackmore and Crookes, they are going to see this as a massive match for them. We will need to be much better than last week, that's for sure.

I’m sure knowles got sent off last game so not sure if he will be playing 

it will be interesting if he is I’m sure bussy will be interested

57 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Surely that relates to Cameron Smith? He received quite a few votes v Batley in MOM voting. Little heard of him since but the name adds up. Didn't he play for Leeds in their last game?

yes cam did  play last time out and  they got him  to play standoff

Archived