Match thread: Featherstone Rovers v Sheffield Eagles Sunday 10th March 2019

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Think we have a chance of the top five.Poor crowd but good performance.

Considering weather can't complain about crowd ( not saying you are) it was freezing ❄ 

Terrible conditions today & bl...dy cold, Watson did not play well but this is not the South Pacific t,hought out forwards set a platform, stupid play 30 seconds to half time. Played the conditions much better than Sheffield so well played lads and keep it up

16 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Thought Watson struggled today, looked slow and caught at least twice on the last tackle in possession. I will give him the benefit of the doubt with the conditions as they were.

Forwards immense today and Bussey looked the part on his return.

Backs as safe as houses in testing conditions. Briscoe had one of his best games this season and Turner didn't look out of place on the other wing.

Only criticism today was the last tackle plays, 3 or 4 knock ons playing the ball and 3 or 4 times caught in possession before getting the kick away wasn't good.

Happy with the win and on to next week for hopefully the first away win of the season.

you dont have to kick the ball on the last tackle, 9 times out of 10 its a kick that either goes dead or is as good as a pass to the opposition, much better take the last tackle turn over and build pressure with some good defence

3 minutes ago, gingdong said:

you dont have to kick the ball on the last tackle, 9 times out of 10 its a kick that either goes dead or is as good as a pass to the opposition, much better take the last tackle turn over and build pressure with some good defence

I agree, but on a few times it looked like we didn't know it was the last tackle. Plus with the conditions the way they were the last play kicking option could have been the better one. 

Anyway, as it happens there was no harm done and the 2 points are in the bag.

I didn't agree with moving Turner from FB, but what do I know? Golding had his best game so far for Fev and Calum was terrific on the wing, I couldn't fathom why they kept targeting him with high balls because he was as safe as houses, as he always is, but Golding is the better attacking option from FB....for now!

12 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I didn't agree with moving Turner from FB, but what do I know? Golding had his best game so far for Fev and Calum was terrific on the wing, I couldn't fathom why they kept targeting him with high balls because he was as safe as houses, as he always is, but Golding is the better attacking option from FB....for now!

Golding was superb at full back and looked like he enjoyed playing for us without the pressure he sometimes comes under at Leeds.

14 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I didn't agree with moving Turner from FB, 

Really Golding 64 super greed games Turner 5 so doesn't matter how good Turners been  opting for golding in his prefered position no brainer and  I would hazard a guess if golding had been fit all season Turner would still be at c#s

Wouldn't surprise me. Turner and Golding pla

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

Let's go the whole hog and get Chris Bibb back. Col, I think you need to move on from Hardman.

If we want a permanent fullback who do  we sign? If you are looking for real talent how about Freddie Miller?

32 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

If we want a permanent fullback who do  we sign? 

don't need to sign anyone this year Turner here for year and the way golding was overlooked when walker injured wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't here for the long haul

47 minutes ago, Fevrob said:

He’s there every week, he’s a capper through and through 

Which other former players / coaches regularly attend matches? It thrills me with joy every time I see Alan Agar standing on the Post Office Road terraces. 

Archived