Goole Vikings are back HOME

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I noticed there was also a new team in Bolsover too, hadn’t heard anything about it till yesterday. Possibly just juniors and girls team...........if anyone has anymore info I’d be interested 

They have to be called the Beasts, don't they?

rldfsignature.jpg

52 minutes ago, Goolerugbyleague said:

Make sure you pop down if you’re free!! 

Unfortunately I am unable to get there tomorrow, but I will be attending one of your home games as soon as possible. Bit of a drive to get there, but I will be there soon. Good luck for tomorrow.

2 hours ago, mightyship said:

I will- how did you get on?

Lost 16-12. Poor first half cost us.

This was with a squad made up of 60% local lads, many who have only ever played a handful of league games before.

great day all around with an initial attendance well over the 300 mark. 

Not bad for the first game of league in the town for 80 years.

Up the Vikings 

6A0E6EAF-72E5-498A-B60F-49E6DC26A323.jpeg

Took in the game yesterday and very impressed with the set up

Even accepting the facilities were already in place, there are few in the amateur game with a bar, tea bat, stand and covered terracing as well as a tannoy and all were in use

Plenty of enthusiasm and I estimated the attendance to be about 150. there was also a presence around the ground, posters and boarding suggesting the club were part of the set up, rather than a barely welcomed tenant

They seemed to have only played higher division teams so far and been close so hopefully first win should be soon. Interesting that the biggest cheer of the day was for the hardest tackle not the first try

As it is a subject elsewhere nice to see a programme although if this matters to a visitor, suggest they check as may be a one off

Both games to date have been I note low scoring

Certainly a place I will revisit and only 5 mins walk from the station is an attraction, although waiting for a friend on the station, I noticed the line to Castleford has only two trains a day and a inconvenient times

Programme refers to this being first match in the town since Broughton Rangers in the Challenge cup but I have been told by two people of Scarborough and Hull A teams games at the ground   

May well see them again at Queensbury next week as I see they are still playing at Halifax RU and not seen RL there  

On 3/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, DoubleD said:

I noticed there was also a new team in Bolsover too, hadn’t heard anything about it till yesterday. Possibly just juniors and girls team...........if anyone has anymore info I’d be interested 

Bassetlaw Bulldogs have a few games booked in with them this season. Junior set-up only I believe.  www.bassetlawbulldogs.co.uk

5 hours ago, Goolerugbyleague said:

Lost 16-12. Poor first half cost us.

This was with a squad made up of 60% local lads, many who have only ever played a handful of league games before.

great day all around with an initial attendance well over the 300 mark. 

Not bad for the first game of league in the town for 80 years.

Up the Vikings 

6A0E6EAF-72E5-498A-B60F-49E6DC26A323.jpeg

Congratulations to everyone involved with your club. I love seeing Rugby League revived in towns where it used to be played. And you've done it really well.

Archived