1895 Cup

Rooney's Ears

57 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Crowd stated as just under 800  , must have been a load of freebies or speccies scaling the wall.???

That's what i thought. Weren't that many spare seats to be had ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/06/2019 at 21:19, georgeb1 said:

Crowd stated as just under 800  , must have been a load of freebies or speccies scaling the wall.???

Yeah not so sure on that. The pot of gold prize fund was £240 something so the regulars must have been there mind you. 

I am still divided on the 1895 cup in general, for me i got into this game complimentary due to the season ticket type I have (Premier) so no brainer to attend really. Not sure how much profit we would have made from that game and ultimately as we start to progress I am sure the RFL will be told. The RFL really should have set out key free dates and finished the season later to accommodate this cup if they are serious about it being a success. I assure you i fall into the dislike category when John Kear is concerned but I agree with him and his comments of playing a challenge cup on a Sunday making an away trip to Barrow on the Wednesday and playing again on the Sunday a bit bonkers. We could isolate this comp to the Championship teams and launch round 1 at the Summer Bash to invitational teams if not a 16 team league. 

According to the Press today there will be know rail transport between Peterborough and King'cross on challenge cup final weekend ,meaning supporters will have to go by car or bus to get to the game.

21 minutes ago, paul said:

According to the Press today there will be know rail transport between Peterborough and King'cross on challenge cup final weekend ,meaning supporters will have to go by car or bus to get to the game.

It’s probably a rugby league directive?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, paul said:

Damn....that was my only chance of getting to the game on time as I'm working till 2.30pm that day.

15 hours ago, paul said:

Or York - Sheffield - St Pancras is only 3 hours by train. 

11 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Or York - Sheffield - St Pancras is only 3 hours by train. 

That's the route where looking at but coming from Selby depending on if Hull trains run diverting to St Pancras.

Archived