Toulouse Olympique vs Wolfpack

RobertAM

3 hours ago, TIWIT said:

It is kind of odd since they're probably not big fans of Toulouse either. How would they react if one of their hated local rivals pulled such an upset on TWP? Gloating? Jealous?

The only explanation I can offer is that most fans see either Toronto or Toulouse as the likely promoted side. On that basis, there is a feeling that as RL has a long history in France, with clubs having youth teams and national club competitions, that Toulouse deserve it more. They feel France has more stability while in Canada, if David Argyle walks away, its dead. 

As a neutral I'd be happy with either side getting promoted, in fact feel that both sides deserve a place in SL next season. A 14 team comp is a minimum for me, otherwise teams play each other too often. I'm quietly hopeful that may happen but not over confident. 

If Toronto earn a place, it will be great for RL. The lack of structures underneath the WP does need addressing, both for the good of RL Canada but also to silence the knockers. I think that last point is the main reason for the negativity. North America have franchises suddenly appearing in a city and other times moving to new locations. That's no issue for Canadians but many in the UK don't like that approach. It's not something I'm used to either but I try to see the bigger picture and accept the WP has been done in the North American way. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so that was an ass whooping is seems. anyone know if there was any kind of footage form the game? Toulouse do play really attractive and when they get going are hard to stop.

Any news of how our injury list is doing for the next game?

just found the link to the highlights courtesy of TOXIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6XiVvcJOSM&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Toulouse administer another beating..this time to Barrow 50-0..  Pressure is really on us to win games by big numbers..good to have a stingy (until TOXIII game) defense but our big names need to start putting them down..

25 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

Toulouse administer another beating..this time to Barrow 50-0..  Pressure is really on us to win games by big numbers..good to have a stingy (until TOXIII game) defense but our big names need to start putting them down..

Don't worry about the points difference. We still have to play Toulouse at the Summer Bash and Lamport. As long as we take care of those games, it'll be no worries.

• 2 months later...

I was able to watch the Blackpool game on Australian TV.

While they are strong in the Championship I think they’ll struggle in SL. 

I do, however, think they will attract better players if they are promoted to SL. Players like Liam Kay will have to be replaced.

Just now, Copa said:

I do, however, think they will attract better players if they are promoted to SL. Players like Liam Kay will have to be replaced.

That would put the present Toulouse team well off SL in that case. As you say, in pro sport, smart buying can fix that for both sides. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

20 hours ago, Copa said:

The squad that gets TWP to SL won’t be the one that plays in SL. 

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

The squad that gets TWP to SL won’t be the one that plays in SL. 

Now quit trying to stir up trouble on the forum...Kay will stay.

1 hour ago, Copa said:

No he won’t. He’s a solid championship player. That’s where he belongs.

No he will stay for at least one SL season...would be a female fan revolt if he was let go.  He is, by far, the most popular player with the ladies especially.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No he will stay for at least one SL season...would be a female fan revolt if he was let go.  He is, by far, the most popular player with the ladies especially.

He’s easily replaced by one of the endless stream of super attractive athletes we produce in Australia.

1 minute ago, Copa said:

He’s easily replaced by one of the endless stream of super attractive athletes we produce in Australia.

I'm afraid not in this case.   The loyalty between him and the female fans is quite something..he is by far the most popular player.

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

He is the man crush of all TWP’s male followers. Wouldn’t it be funny if he’s at Ottawa next season? ?

No, but I am willing bet you they might have a look alike!

I watched Catalans vs Wigan in Barcelona. Not impressed by either team but especially Wigan. Current full healthy squad Wolfpack would take either of them.

Archived