Who would you prefer to see in SL next season?

I’d have to say Toronto this year; they’ll bring the glitz and the glamour and I’d expect to be a benefit to the TV renegotiations. Then I hope Toulouse are the next side to come through being a great RL club and real potential to develop the sport in France.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, BladeHearts said:

Australia MUST push into Perth and having London back in Super League is another fabulous good news story, the fact they have achieved this on the field is fabulous as well.  London Broncos are now a club with a genuine history.

Wasn't there a mad plan to get a Perth team in SL?

Both TWP and Toulouse would be good additions to SL and shame can't have both under the current format

A Toulouse / Catalans rivalry would be great for French RL and if fixtures were scheduled with a bit of imagination there could be some great week long away trips on offer

TWP would guarantee media publicity for the game 

With either of those two I dont think the game can lose. Should be a good season

Over the last year or so I have been gently trying to persuade Mrs Dunbar that Toulouse would be a nice a place to live for some of the year... full of culture, beautiful architecture, restaurants and cafes. 

It won't work overnight of course but I am strategically playing the long game for the beautiful long hot summers of Super League to come.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

York a big city ? , you are having a laugh , takes only an hour to walk from east suburb to west.

Much as I would like the Knights in SL we are still finding our feet in the Champ' , maybe a few years down the line....and we will have a stadium worthy of SL.

14 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

York a big city ? , you are having a laugh , takes only an hour to walk from east suburb to west.

Much as I would like the Knights in SL we are still finding our feet in the Champ' , maybe a few years down the line....and we will have a stadium worthy of SL.

Maybe not a big city but a well known one that would be a great place for away fans to visit.

I agree that it's too soon for them in the next couple of years but it's good to see them doing well.

I think both the SL and Championship are going to provide a lot of entertainment this season

Both Toronto and Toulouse with no club being relegated. A 14 team SL will be a vast improvement, 26 league games plus Magic and there's no loop the loop games. Both promoted clubs will add massively to SL. Toulouse will bring quality French players to SL and add to the national squad.   

24 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Both Toronto and Toulouse with no club being relegated. A 14 team SL will be a vast improvement, 26 league games plus Magic and there's no loop the loop games. Both promoted clubs will add massively to SL. Toulouse will bring quality French players to SL and add to the national squad.   

Sounds good to me, would mean a lot more games on TV which suits everyone. 

On 3/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, Moscow01 said:

Bradford? They’ve been very poor so far this season. I’d be astonished if they finished above York.

I was going to say the same about Fax, we have been atrocious this season but still managed to only lose 2 games we probably were not expected to win. Hopefully thats a good omen but from what Ive seen so far the predictions of 2nd and 3rd are way off the mark.

23 hours ago, JonNgog said:

they’re both like Wembley in comparison with Sheffield

lets be fair, the building work on it is due to start this month. Once it is finished then lets pass judgment shall we? 

(BTW Wakefield is not like Wembley in comparison to any other stadium! unless you mean it looks like the suburb of Wembley at which point you may be correct! :ninja:)

Archived