Tired and bored

I have been a member of this site for over 10/15 years (I reckon) but  to be honest I find it now so negetive to all aspects of the game I wonder why I bother anymore.

We have the same  group of people who know whats wrong with the game and put forward all their stats  numbers and figures and they are never wrong.THEY have all the answers.

We have the same  group of  people who just do not want to listen to any other opinions and if you dont agree with them you are bullied of the thread.

This site has become "home to  a few" who think they know best and if you disagree with their opinion then  you are hounded off the topic.

Discussion and opinions are no longer relevent,the crack is no longer fun,its all to serious and controlled by a minority  who no matter what YOU think ...THEY  are always right.

A lot of good characters no longer post, a lot fun characters who had great knowledge of the game no longer post and I wonder why that is ?

Guess the new young breed have taken over  ?

I agree. The site is pretty good and most of us are well tempered. I've had a few differences of opinion in 2 years with others sometimes a bit heated and no problems. 

Its actually a very good community IMO. 

22 minutes ago, yanto said:

I have been a member of this site for over 10/15 years (I reckon) but  to be honest I find it now so negetive to all aspects of the game I wonder why I bother anymore.

We have the same  group of people who know whats wrong with the game and put forward all their stats  numbers and figures and they are never wrong.THEY have all the answers.

We have the same  group of  people who just do not want to listen to any other opinions and if you dont agree with them you are bullied of the thread.

This site has become "home to  a few" who think they know best and if you disagree with their opinion then  you are hounded off the topic.

Discussion and opinions are no longer relevent,the crack is no longer fun,its all to serious and controlled by a minority  who no matter what YOU think ...THEY  are always right.

A lot of good characters no longer post, a lot fun characters who had great knowledge of the game no longer post and I wonder why that is ?

Stick with it pal, they are in the minority.

Are you in Holland?

18 minutes ago, yanto said:

I can see why you have this perception. I've noticed that there are a number of posters who seem to churn out repeated arguments in a very black and white manner, and the result is often confrontation rather than proper debate.

There are many reasonable posters on this site, too. I may be wrong, but when some threads degenerate into the way you describe, many will either avoid the topic or withdraw from the debate. I've done this myself, but there are usually enough other thread options to keep me returning.

45 minutes ago, yanto said:

Not been a member that long so I don’t know what the site used to be like, but at the end of the day it probably just reflects the way society in general is going...   people are becoming more individualist and less collectivist, most communication between individuals is done from behind a screen on a keyboard and there’s little opportunity for emotional intelligence, people are under more duress in their daily lives whether it’s genuine concern or just perceived by their own minds, the younger generation is less resilient and less prepared for the trials of life after childhood, the rich vs poor divide is bigge than ever...   I could go on,  but it seems to me a lot of this is mindset manifests itself in trivial daily stuff like chatting about sport..

I would say it’s a shame if you leave a message board just because a few people unwittingly vent their stress on here...   plus, you always get bullies in all walks of life - just kick em back in the b***s and post a sarcastic smiley.

Your only other options are RU boards and RLFANS.com...   I’m a refugee from the latter and if you think chatting about rugby on this site is difficult try that one ???

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

This is probably the darkest, most negative, sadistic Rugby League site on the Internet. I certainly agree and I could see how someone could become negative very quickly reading this place. 

“BBC Have Your Say”...? ?

44 minutes ago, yanto said:

pretty much agree with what you say, people have the right to disagree,  challenge the topic by all means but stop personal attacks,

1 hour ago, yanto said:

You should try the Hull FC board on RL fans, it's particularly nasty and the mods have no interest in fairness or moderating personal abuse, TRL is a peaceful haven by comparison and no Chorley John (AKA Jean Capdouze), though 'Sir Kevin Sinfield' is possibly one of his alter-egos.

I joined here to get away from the crud on RL fans (I was on another forum before then back to the early 00s) and honestly though there are times when it gets a little out of hand it's nowhere near that it is elsewhere. I quite like it here.

Am I the only one worried about posting on this thread in case I am one of the a#@$holes?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

You should try the Hull FC board on RL fans, it's particularly nasty and the mods have no interest in fairness or moderating personal abuse, TRL is a peaceful haven by comparison and no Chorley John (AKA Jean Capdouze), though 'Sir Kevin Sinfield' is possibly one of his alter-egos.

I joined here to get away from the crud on RL fans (I was on another forum before then back to the early 00s) and honestly though there are times when it gets a little out of hand it's nowhere near that it is elsewhere. I quite like it here.

The Hull FC forum is very cliquey as you well know. There are a group of posters that immediately jump on anything negative, and think that because they don't have anything bad to say it makes them superior, and I know you got it particularly bad.

You are a miserable so and so at times and I disagree with a lot of what you post but you also make a lot of good points imo and obviously have the club at heart. It's a shame that some people just can't accept that others are going to have different views to themselves.

1 hour ago, Cdd said:

A lot of posters seem to keen to shoot down any positives that others might see.

Yep, look at the thread I started about sky viewing figures, soon became full of negativity and tedious agenda driven posts. 

51 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Am I the only one worried about posting on this thread in case I am one of the a#@$holes?

Paraphrasing and old work colleague - I'll be contacting all those I don't have a problem with individually to let them know, if I haven't been in touch then its you!

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, yanto said:

As a valuable member of the forum who adds a lot to the discussion hope reconsider and decide to stay. There aren't enough Cumbrians on here, we need you

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

I think the mods do a decent job, but there are at times personal attack’s that are out of order .... everyone’s allowed an opinion, you don’t have to agree. 

Overall a good place that I too have been on for c.15yrs I reckon! Actually use it as one of my main RL news sources.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, MZH said:

The Hull FC forum is very cliquey as you well know. There are a group of posters that immediately jump on anything negative, and think that because they don't have anything bad to say it makes them superior, and I know you got it particularly bad.

You are a miserable so and so at times and I disagree with a lot of what you post but you also make a lot of good points imo and obviously have the club at heart. It's a shame that some people just can't accept that others are going to have different views to themselves.

And even today  I was mentioned on the Black and whites RL fans forum by a regular there who clearly frequents here and whom made personal remarks time and again without being moderated. They failed to mention how I praised the team after the performance on Friday, failed to mention that despite my dislike for the way the coach goes about his business and his failures, that I make the 3+ hour trip up as often as I can (and got hassle for only coming up xx times a year!) and have done so no matter how we are playing and who is in charge.

In my experience, this is a better forum than most.

Yes, you get the noisy and relentless obsessives, but their numbers are relatively small. And there's always the 'ignore' function for the real one-note bores.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, yanto said:

Never lose the faith Yanto. Stick with it

Archived