Roary's Pride

geoffcooke

One of the things to come out of the recent fans forums at the Vestacare was a determination to promote youth involvement with the club as, clearly, youngsters are the future followers if Oldham is to flourish.   To this end the club are launching 'Roary's Pride' as a junior supporters club centred around our ever popular mascot. There will also be a dedicated 'Lion's Den in the clubhouse.

Rugby Oldham Supporters Trust are pleased to announce they will help this initiative by providing a 4 figure sum in sponsorship to fund 'goody bags' of baseball caps, t-shirts etc. for those signing up to the new Junior Supporters Club. 

Our congatulations to all involved in getting this initiative off the ground.

image001 Roary's Pride.png

Good idea,kids are the future of everything. It's one of the biggest issues at the club. The fans are getting older and there's no new blood. If this venture can succeed it would be most welcome by us all. Well done to Rugby Oldham for backing this venture.

Excellent news Geoff! Brilliant that the trust are behind this initiative. Really pleased that this junior section has been born from the meetings. Congratulations to all involved and let's hope that the future generations of Oldham fans will embrace this new concept and sign up in droves. 

Truly great news, as they say in the song "I believe the children are our future", this is a huge step in securing a new generation of Roughyeds.

The junior supporters club has been a long time coming, it was suggested at the meeting in 2015 and then in Dec. I remember playing sevens at sheddings for Oldham rlfc junior team, against local terms every Saturday morning. It was run and organised by Joe Collins, I think, 

I don't like the idea I love it

On 3/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, geoffcooke said:

One of the things to come out of the recent fans forums at the Vestacare was a determination to promote youth involvement with the club as, clearly, youngsters are the future followers if Oldham is to flourish.   To this end the club are launching 'Roary's Pride' as a junior supporters club centred around our ever popular mascot. There will also be a dedicated 'Lion's Den in the clubhouse.

Rugby Oldham Supporters Trust are pleased to announce they will help this initiative by providing a 4 figure sum in sponsorship to fund 'goody bags' of baseball caps, t-shirts etc. for those signing up to the new Junior Supporters Club. 

Our congatulations to all involved in getting this initiative off the ground.

image001 Roary's Pride.png

Nice branding and logo by the way!

Good luck to all concerned for a great junior supporters club launch day. As has already been said, it's a no-brainer in the endeavour to bring in younger supporters. Well done to the Supporters Trust for the sponsoring it. The goody bag looks great and I hope Roary's Pride will become a roaring success ?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

The grandkids are really looking forward to the first club meeting next Saturday. 

Lets hope there is a great turnout to maintain the momentum of this great initiative !

I too hope it's a great turnout. This initiative has been one of the most positive things at the club in recent times. Hope it's a good first meeting.

On 28/04/2019 at 18:13, sheddingswasus said:

The grandkids are really looking forward to the first club meeting next Saturday. 

Lets hope there is a great turnout to maintain the momentum of this great initiative !

How did it go? I hope it was a good turnout and all the kids enjoyed it so they'll be looking forward to the next one and recommending it to their friends.

Archived