SL Attendances So Far In 2019

8 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Interesting now to note that the RFL are discussing the ‘hectic’ Easter weekend with Champs and L1 clubs but not SL.  

IMO, using bigger grounds and better marketing/planning/arrangements etc will bring a better spectacle all round, including TV.  It might bring a lot more to the game, wholistically, as well as reducing the risks to players.  Those full (nearly) grounds really do look good.

One full round over the whole weekend, all televised is how I'd go.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the announced crowd at Broncos today? I was there with my friends from Salford and there must have been less than 1 000 there! Embarrassing!!

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Proper sport Canada said:

Wolf pack have had 9600 and 8300 in their 2 home games so far   that's doubled year on year at this stage 

We will have sellouts for the playoffs   so Canada may help these SL numbers next season

Here's hoping

Welcome to the forum. Yes, impressive numbers indeed. It shows that Canadians are willing to embrace something new, much like folk along the M62.?  

Most RL fans are excited about what’s going on in Canada.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• 3 weeks later...

After 15 rounds, the SL attendances are looking surprisingly close at the top. I don't recall such a tight top bunch. All but three clubs are up. London is compared to Widnes here, but against the 2018 London total in the Championship, it's up 107%. The Catalan average understandably won't remain that high.

Club Av Att % +/-
1 Leeds 12,566 1.7%
2 Hull FC 12,226 3.6%
3 Wigan 12,205 5.9%
4 St Helens 12,037 7.2%
5 Catalans 11,536 42.0%
6 Warrington 11,323 15.6%
7 Hull KR 8,158 3.6%
8 Castleford 7,648 -1.3%
9 Wakefield 5,290 5.6%
10 Huddersfield 5,158 -5.7%
11 Salford 3,921 38.7%
12 London 1,882 -59.3%
  Total 8,527 2.2%

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 03:56, Proper sport Canada said:

Wolf pack have had 9600 and 8300 in their 2 home games so far   that's doubled year on year at this stage 

We will have sellouts for the playoffs   so Canada may help these SL numbers next season

Here's hoping

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the capacity at Lamport is? Have they sold out for the 9600 game? According to Wikipedia the capacity is 9600 and I understand there is a crowd in the beer tents but from what you can see on TV there is still room for a few more thousand.

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the capacity at Lamport is? Have they sold out for the 9600 game? According to Wikipedia the capacity is 9600 and I understand there is a crowd in the beer tents but from what you can see on TV there is still room for a few more thousand.

Don’t underestimate the numbers around the beer tents! 

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

After 15 rounds, the SL attendances are looking surprisingly close at the top. I don't recall such a tight top bunch. All but three clubs are up. London is compared to Widnes here, but against the 2018 London total in the Championship, it's up 107%. The Catalan average understandably won't remain that high.

Club Av Att % +/-
1 Leeds 12,566 1.7%
2 Hull FC 12,226 3.6%
3 Wigan 12,205 5.9%
4 St Helens 12,037 7.2%
5 Catalans 11,536 42.0%
6 Warrington 11,323 15.6%
7 Hull KR 8,158 3.6%
8 Castleford 7,648 -1.3%
9 Wakefield 5,290 5.6%
10 Huddersfield 5,158 -5.7%
11 Salford 3,921 38.7%
12 London 1,882 -59.3%
  Total 8,527 2.2%

Do they include loopy Lou fixtures ?. 

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

As far as I understand it the capacity is much more than 9600 but they are limited to that number attending by the local authorities.

Good to see plenty of green on that chart. We aren't going get miraculous growth, so that slight growth is really positive. With the new North Stand open, Leeds' figures may move upwards too.

Warrington and Salford should be commended for their large percentage increases. Here's hoping that we keep heading in the right direction.

Just now, Chris22 said:

Good to see plenty of green on that chart. We aren't going get miraculous growth, so that slight growth is really positive. With the new North Stand open, Leeds' figures may move upwards too.

Warrington and Salford should be commended for their large percentage increases. Here's hoping that we keep heading in the right direction.

I agree. The attendances had a slow start this season but things have improved. A bumper Easter Friday and the Camp Nou game didn't hurt either. 

35 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I agree. The attendances had a slow start this season but things have improved. A bumper Easter Friday and the Camp Nou game didn't hurt either. 

It will be interesting to see the summer period, as that is when things decline a bit usually.

There are plenty of positives there, but still plenty of room for improvement in the likes of Leeds and Wigan who have both delivered much higher than their current levels previously.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Has anybody got the attendance’s for last week’s SL attendance’s. There looked a decent crowd on at Wire on Saturday, i don’t know if they had any offers on. 

I don't have all the figures but I was just watching a bit of forty20 live and I think they said 10050 at Warrington which was the biggest of the weekend (Hull were just a shade under 10k).

27 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Has anybody got the attendance’s for last week’s SL attendance’s. There looked a decent crowd on at Wire on Saturday, i don’t know if they had any offers on. 

10,015, yes it was a community club game, tickets in away end £1 for junior club members and £5 for adults. This season Warrington have chosen expected low attendance games and targeted community clubs to draw their biggest crowds against those clubs.

48 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Warrington 10,015 Hull FC 9,914 Hull KR 8,010 Cas 7,483 Wakey 5,498 & London 2,801. Average 7,287 (YTD 8,510).

19 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

10,015, yes it was a community club game, tickets in away end £1 for junior club members and £5 for adults. This season Warrington have chosen expected low attendance games and targeted community clubs to draw their biggest crowds against those clubs.

Saints did that against Catalans this season, i think it’s a good idea. Obviously you don’t want to do it too much in case you upset the season ticket holders, and then some fans expect to get in on the cheap all the time. 

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

London's crowds really are a complete joke. The team deserve better but unfortunately the game will never catch on in the capital. They've had 39 years now to make it work !!!!

Some clubs have had 124years and they aren’t much better than the Broncos attendance’s and their 39years. 

Archived