v Leigh

boro hornet

F.Y.I         https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/club/game-day/

For those that normally take a flask and food see below.

CATERING, LEGENDS BAR & MERCHANDISE

The Legends Bar (situated at the front of the Kingstone Press West Stand) will be open from
two hours before kick off, and compere Clive Render will host the regular Game Day quiz, serving a range of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages and will also be open after the game.

Pre-game, supporters will have the opportunity to purchase club merchandise from the Kukri Trailer, which is situated at the front of the Kingstone Press West Stand.

There are also catering kiosks available in each stand which will be open from one hour before kick off, serving a variety of hot and cold snacks along with hot beverages and both soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. Kiosks close 20 minutes after the start of the second half.

Please note that no food and drink is to be brought into the stadium. If you any specific dietary or medical requirements please speak to a steward prior to entry.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think you've made your point, don't you ?

In fairness Tyrone, i think Hornets are desperate for this embarrassing incident to go away. The statements from the CEO are so contradictory it is obvious the club are hiding behind the truth. Let's keep this shameful happening where it is in the spotlight, and let's hope the RFL  give Rochdale a strong penalty, either in the form of a fine, a points deduction, or both.

Regarding the match itself, I expect to have to re-visit Spotland for the game to be played, and, I don't have a problem with that, as I would expect Hornets to give free admission to all York supporters.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

In fairness Tyrone, i think Hornets are desperate for this embarrassing incident to go away. The statements from the CEO are so contradictory it is obvious the club are hiding behind the truth. Let's keep this shameful happening where it is in the spotlight, and let's hope the RFL  give Rochdale a strong penalty, either in the form of a fine, a points deduction, or both.

Regarding the match itself, I expect to have to re-visit Spotland for the game to be played, and, I don't have a problem with that, as I would expect Hornets to give free admission to all York supporters.

Me too but until we've something new to add just re-hashing what we already know gets boring pretty quickly. This is the Hornets v Leigh thread.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, The Baron Mk11 said:

Forcing supporters to pay over inflated prices, yes Leigh, that's the way to go, but not for me.

Us Leigh fans don't like it either. The Leigh Sports Village get 100% sales from ALL food & drink, the club get zero. It's nice & sunny right now....bring your sunglasses !! ?

46-6 loss, but fortunately a better second half after being 30-0 at ht. In fact, it wasn't until 68th minute that Leigh ran in 3 tries in 7 minutes.  10 penalties conceded & yellow card didn't help. Much to do for the visit of Widnes.  Swinton lost too. 

Full marks to your guys for keeping at it to the end - and to your vociferous group of fans.

The game was out of reach at half time - although that was partly to do with the ref preventing you from getting your hands on the ball, for any length of time. I hate it when that happens to us - but of course it's good on the rare occasions when we benefit from it!

Looking forward to coming over to Spotland (lovely stadium) for the return, which I suspect could be a bit closer!

28 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Only 19 penalties in total - no doubt most too far from posts at the time!  

Oh, I never count them...far too many for my liking. Who was your little half back in the skull cap, he had a blinder, despite playing behind a beaten pack. You had him long ?

59 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Oh, I never count them...far too many for my liking. Who was your little half back in the skull cap, he had a blinder, despite playing behind a beaten pack. You had him long ?

Dec Gregory he has a lot of bottle certainly gives 100%.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, Rooney's Ears said:

verses allowing all supporters to travel to a game, have incompetant staff and then call the game off. not for me.

What...me personally, you better prove that big ears.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

On 3/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, clogdance said:

Us Leigh fans don't like it either. The Leigh Sports Village get 100% sales from ALL food & drink, the club get zero. It's nice & sunny right now....bring your sunglasses !! ?

Unusual for Leigh Sports Village, but the stewards were uncommonly polite on Sunday.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

2 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

How many of the Leigh team are full time?

None, this season. After last season's disaster, we are strictly 100% part-time. It's interesting that quite a few of the squad, have taken up apprenticeships, in a variety of trades, with a view to their lives after RL.

It's also been interesting to note that our fitness levels have been very good, especially against Toulouse and Toronto, of the full time clubs. Toronto, in particular, looked pretty distressed in the last 20 minutes, but we just weren't good enough to exploit that. Last season, we regularly remarked on how our 'full time' players looked less fit than our part-time opponents!

15 hours ago, AlanE said:

None, this season. After last season's disaster, we are strictly 100% part-time. It's interesting that quite a few of the squad, have taken up apprenticeships, in a variety of trades, with a view to their lives after RL.

What about all your D/R and loan players, surely they are full time.

7 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

What about all your D/R and loan players, surely they are full time.

Got me there. They are full time with their 'parent' clubs, but actually train less with us than our part-time players do.

Archived