CHALLENGE CUP

silverfox

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, donald said:

Kurt played today yeah crack was Gordon was in Blackpool with his marras 

Its like being back in the school playground...na na na na na...grow up donaid.

8 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Its like being back in the school playground...na na na na na...grow up donaid.

That's not being in the school playground it's the truth Gordon was in Blackpool with his marras and isn't happy at town don't be surprised if he leaves shortly

27 minutes ago, donald said:

That's not being in the school playground it's the truth Gordon was in Blackpool with his marras and isn't happy at town don't be surprised if he leaves shortly

More childish gossip you can tell haven won yesterday.

8 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Agree with other's on here that it is worrying that we can only muster 15 fit players 4 games into the season and we still have no cover for the Half backs or Hooker.

Onto the game  and after 15 minutes it was looking like we would Hammer Siddal and then we lost all our Composure and looked more like the Amateur team with poor ball retention and silly penalties and lacking direction.I thought Wilkes,Scholey and Olstrum all stood out today but we will need to be much better next week to stand a chance of beating Newcastle.This season we will need to win  all our Home games to stand any chance of Promotion as it is already looking like anyone can beat anyone in the top 6.

I would take a win next week and then a loss the following week as League points are going to be so important and i honestly feel if we had gone to Coventry today with that squad we would have been beaten.

Its a bit worrying that we haven't replaced good squad players like Hambley, Litherland and Maudling. We didnt have the biggest squad to start with and a couple of major injuries could destroy our season lets hope we can fetch a few in sooner than later, I'm sure Leon and the BOD are working on this. UTT

2 minutes ago, donald said:

Ok so he wasn't in Blackpool pished up he was lying on his bed poorly sick believe what you want it it makes you feel better 

We Know that everything you tell us has always been true donald. I take it haven did win yesterday or you wouldn't be on here.

11 hours ago, Alineden said:

I said what I saw. Stood behind the old redundant home dug out. Where I always stand and where I'll be stood next Sunday when we play against Newcastle. Come and join us if you like. Theres not many of us these days but ask for Alan. Someone will point me out to you, Gentleman Jim.

Can't say fairer than that. Hope you take him up on his offer GJ assuming of course you do actually go to matches as can't recall you ever commenting on one ? ?

12 hours ago, Alineden said:

I said what I saw. Stood behind the old redundant home dug out. Where I always stand and where I'll be stood next Sunday when we play against Newcastle. Come and join us if you like. Theres not many of us these days but ask for Alan. Someone will point me out to you, Gentleman Jim.

mind be a wee bit carefull im a alan and sit behind the old dugout ?

3 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Its a bit worrying that we haven't replaced good squad players like Hambley, Litherland and Maudling. We didnt have the biggest squad to start with and a couple of major injuries could destroy our season lets hope we can fetch a few in sooner than later, I'm sure Leon and the BOD are working on this. UTT

It is worrying. Injuries to any of Penky, Doran and Forber and we have absolutely no like for like replacements. I got a bit of stick for it a while back but I will say it again - why are we wasting money on FFMM when we have plenty of options at prop already ? I think its a terrible decision to re-sign him when we are running with such a small squad. That money should have been used for squad players to cover positions we are vulnerable in.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

13 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

My point is you haven't posted for ages. You've posted today to wind folk up. Haven

You are barking up the wrong tree completely there mate, Alan is a die hard Townie (even though he does live the wrong side of Distington) who is there every home game.

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It is worrying. Injuries to any of Penky, Doran and Forber and we have absolutely no like for like replacements. I got a bit of stick for it a while back but I will say it again - why are we wasting money on FFMM when we have plenty of options at prop already ? I think its a terrible decision to re-sign him when we are running with such a small squad. That money should have been used for squad players to cover positions we are vulnerable in.

Share the concern about certain key positions however FFMM brings something that none of our other middles offer

7 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Not ideal but if and when that time arrives I'm sure that we have ear marked players to fill in through the DR and Leons wide ranging contacts

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Not ideal but if and when that time arrives I'm sure that we have ear marked players to fill in through the DR and Leons wide ranging contacts

Yes but how many DR will we get come play-offs time ? We could play all year to get into the play offs then be back in the position of not having a full team again. Its a very risky strategy.

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Can't say fairer than that. Hope you take him up on his offer GJ assuming of course you do actually go to matches as can't recall you ever commenting on one ? ?

He does attend games,i seen him on the end of the town side standing with his friend, or someone talking to him?..?

Im worried for when we get to the final we're never going to beat the likes of saints with only 14 fit players.....

The biggest disappointment for me yesterday was jamie doran he should have had a field day but was non existent, i really hate to single players out but it as really bugged me! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

6 hours ago, kiln7 said:

mind be a wee bit carefull im a alan and sit behind the old dugout ?

I'm Spartacus  ? I'm giving up my usual perch to stand there next Sunday it could be interesting. ?

Modern day Rugby means you run without an "a" Team .Only 17 players can play each match , people get frustrated when not playing and leave , there is no easy answer , all lads want to play every week , the longer they are out of the Team the more they become disllussioned .Therefore we are heavily dependant on DR .It`s the same for most Teams , thats why we need to be lucky with injuries , get a few key players injured at the wrong time , and it`s season over .

8 hours ago, DocH said:

Don't forget Miller his intensity never drops!

Yeah your right Elliot always performs well and certainly get's stuck in.

Hopefully we get Dawson back for next week and with Fui Fui now completed his ban and DR back in play we can put this lacklustre display behind us and get back to winning ways against one of the title contenders Newcastle.

Also would like to see us get to the 1000 mark with the Crowd as this should be a bigger game than the Crusaders one which attracted 901 fans.Lets all do our bit again and bring a friend along and this time I will be dragging my Dad along who hasn't been to a game for 2 years and hopefully he will enjoy a good game and get the Bug again.

41 minutes ago, townie88 said:

We had Mellor and Dickinson on DR for the play offs last year so it isn't a great concern if any will be available. My concern is the hooker role. We have had DR already but none of them were hookers?

Reiss Butterworth who played at Oldham is a hooker mate. 

Archived