CHALLENGE CUP

silverfox

A good win for haven v donnie,can see them being right up in the division this year.I still think we can win the div1 but need to massively improve and a couple more players if we can...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute rubbish that today, apart from first 15 mins it was as sloppy a performance you’ll ever see. Think it was down to poor attitude rather than anything else, hopefully Leon has given them the hairdryer treatment for that totally unprofessional display.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

31 minutes ago, donald said:

One of your players on the lash in Blackpool with his marras for st paddys day 

Probably maudling,Leon say's it was a family occasion and probably why the other maudling wasn't in the haven squad for the donnie game.I maybe wrong, and did you not get his name Donald??..

That was as bad a performance as you will see with ball in hand. After the first 10 mins when at least we were completing sets and looking useful the attitude and performance just went out of the window. Fair play to Siddal they never gave in and deserve credit but it’s just as well we threw that performance in today and not in a league game. 

7 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Probably maudling,Leon say's it was a family occasion and probably why the other maudling wasn't in the haven squad for the donnie game.I maybe wrong, and did you not get his name Donald??..

Kurt played today yeah crack was Gordon was in Blackpool with his marras 

Well played Siddal, they really dug in and gave us a game. That said we were awful at times with ball in hand, the completion rate was terrible, and when we did get to the 5th tackle the kicks were all over hit. A couple of players looked a bit disinterested to me which was disappointing. To have only 14 fully fit players available is bad crack at this point in the season, let's just hope we dont hit a bad injury patch. But we are in the next round so just move on and hope they work on ball retention and last plays all week. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

39 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Maudling came off bench to make his 2nd Haven debut.

HW

Done and out the road now. Really concerning that we are relying on penky to do massive minutes. Surely we cannot sustain that all season? Think we got sucked into the niggle to much, which played into the hands of a very whistle happy official. Struggle to remember a game we have been that poor with the ball.

Do we know if Leon done a radio interview?

Siddal  did themselves credit today , a massive performance . They hardly knocked on and completed a high percentage of their sets .We on the other hand knocked on at about half a dozen play the balls , and barely got to the end of our sets .Leon said on the radio we only had 14 fit players , but was happy with the nil , which is all he wanted .Was also critical of us not doing the basics , and unhappy with ball retention .....The thing that should worry us all , is to go up i think we need to win the League  , because if we are short on numbers now , we will be short on numbers for the play offs , which has happened to us for the last 5 or 6 years at least .Also as other people have said , we need to be very lucky with injuries , as we have no cover at hooker or half back .

38 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Can't believe that Huddersfield don't have any hookers that could be DR? 

Dennis Betts announced as neecastle director of rugby to!

I dont think we should be worried by that appointment, im sure hes a good coach but his contacts will be widnes who cant afford to lend any players out and wigan who already DR with 2 teams

Pretty sh*t if I'm honest. 3 league games into the season and we can only raise 15 fit players. There's not much point in signing big names if we can't fill a team sheet. I know, the cup doesn't matter, we have to get out of this league, blah de blah de blah. 

5 minutes ago, Alineden said:

Pretty sh*t if I'm honest. 3 league games into the season and we can only raise 15 fit players. There's not much point in signing big names if we can't fill a team sheet. I know, the cup doesn't matter, we have to get out of this league, blah de blah de blah. 

were you there?

3 hours ago, donald said:

Kurt played today yeah crack was Gordon was in Blackpool with his marras 

Sorry,My mistake.I only say what the coach said about it,but pleased that Kurt was playing..

Archived