16-17 Mar: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 16th MARCH
London Skolars v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm

SUNDAY 17th MARCH
Coventry Bears v Workington Town KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Doncaster KO 3pm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keighley, Newcastle, Workington, North Wales cru, Doncaster.  

Some tight games here . 

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 16th MARCH
London Skolars v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm

SUNDAY 17th MARCH
Coventry Bears v Workington Town KO 3pm whenever it's played...
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 3pm
Whitehaven v Doncaster KO 3pm

Think that should do it :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

2 hours ago, hogman said:

Bus is full from Hunslet plus people making their own way so should be a decent atmosphere. Hunslet by 14.

We look forward to welcoming you to Queensway. Please note the kick-off time is 2:30 pm, not 3:00 as stated in the opening post.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

58 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

We look forward to welcoming you to Queensway. Please note the kick-off time is 2:30 pm, not 3:00 as stated in the opening post.

Is a 2.30 kick off regular for Crusaders? Is there a reason?

37 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Is a 2.30 kick off regular for Crusaders? Is there a reason?

Yes, I think we've always kicked off at 2:30, but don't know the reason why. The only thing I can think of is the poor lighting here at Queensway, especially after the game at this time of year. I'm sure it was the same time at the Racecourse though.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

SATURDAY 16th MARCH
London Skolars v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm. Away win
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm  Home win

SUNDAY 17th MARCH
Coventry Bears v Workington Town KO 3pm. Home win
North Wales Crusaders v Hunslet KO 3pm. Home win
Whitehaven v Doncaster KO 3pm. Away win

Some good games there. Cru v Hunslet will be especially close.

I don't know the squads for Thunder v Raiders but Cory Aston for Thunder is worrying enough without the Wakefield players.

Also quite worrying,was the lack of player sponsors for the Thunder players shown on the team sheets at the CCC game last week.

A tyre company sponsored Lewis Young,no surprise,and club snapper,a referee in the Castleford district,Paul Clayton,spon sored a winger.That is all.

With the fanbase of the sport predominantly mature,would it not be better for central funding not to be based on joining Our League,but on the numbers of supporters who are in a Supporters Trust,or are members of a Squadbuilder?

Thunder thanked their supporters in their Squadbuilder for their latest signing.

I understand we live in an unfair world,and the plans by the Super League elite are unfair.The clubs Thunder and Crusaders,with their time in Super League,have more of an opportunity to have a fanbase than West Wales Raiders,Coventry Bears and London Skolars etc who have started at the bottom and hope to grow.

Hunslet are run by their supporters and have been pro- active in seeking sponsorship.

Supporters attending games and putting money into their club are surely deserving of central funding - more than those who do not attend games.

Any thoughts before this division is cut adrift - or West Wales Raiders win on Saturday?

** Sorry I didn't start a new thread but it may be better that only mainly League 1 followers comment,and I'm on a Tablet belonging to someone else and it has only come to mind **

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I don't know the squads for Thunder v Raiders but Cory Aston for Thunder is worrying enough without the Wakefield players.

Here's the thunder squad, Aston straight in in place of Jy-Mel Coleman and a first appearance of Kieran Gill who we have on a season long loan from Cas but hasn't played yet this season, no DR's from Wakefield this week as with cup game. 

Check out @ThunderRugby’s Tweet:

48 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

Newcastle 34-0 West Wales after 22 minutes. 

The sooner West Wales admit that they’re not up to League 1 standard, the better. This isn’t good for them. 

Are we going to get this every time they have a few points scored against them ? Yes they're struggling a bit but they are much improved from last year and will get better. 

Archived