15 Mar: SL: Leeds Rhinos v London Broncos KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/03/19 at 19:45

Great win for the Broncos.  Well done to them!  And their first away win of the season, which is important.  That will give confidence for future away games.  Hopefully they will get plenty more wins under their belts this season and stay healthy enough to keep competing.  Great stuff.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Furner in the post match interview; plenty of mics on the table rather than the usual two......

Asked why, when thumped last week, did the same 13 start this week, he took some offence and snapped back and said that it wasn't the starting 13 fault and blamed everything on the last 6 minutes.

He seems to forget that the starting 13 lost the first half too!

The weight of the shirt is crippling most of these players now. 

15 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Yes that's a fair point. Half of a football team is all about what's going on the head.

There is a thought (a sarcastic one for sure) that says another half is what goes on in the refs head!

Started drinking at noon - for a birthday not unemployment - and got home at 7:30pm. Fell asleep straight away, woke up at 9:45 and saw the score...! Danny Ward and the boys have done themselves proud tonight. 

Up The Broncos!

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Dead end. 

Well we tried a few other places and usually it’s finished badly and we have had to move.  Continually moving has probably done a lot of harm in the long run. Getting consistently over 4,000 anytime soon is very unlikely I would of thought.

6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Started drinking at noon - for a birthday not unemployment - and got home at 7:30pm. Fell asleep straight away, woke up at 9:45 and saw the score...! Danny Ward and the boys have done themselves proud tonight. 

Up The Broncos!

Midday drinking, a snooze then a Broncos win at Headingly?.....how's about that for a slice of fried gold

4 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Well we tried a few other places and usually it’s finished badly and we have had to move.  Continually moving has probably done a lot of harm in the long run. Getting consistently over 4,000 anytime soon is very unlikely I would of thought.

Totally agree....ET has been buzzing every game so far- even the Cas loss. 

27 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Would get that at Griffin Park or better still Fulham - wish they would play an on the road game at least

16 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Would get that at Griffin Park or better still Fulham - wish they would play an on the road game at least

Griffith Park could work again but we need a couple of seasons of consolidation and dare I say it success....I'd predict 5000 average gate in 2 or 3 years if we can stay off bottom 3....avoiding relegation not enough to build crowds...need to win at least half home games to keep people coming

7 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Up The Broncos!

Good work.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Just watched Furner in the post match interview; plenty of mics on the table rather than the usual two......

Asked why, when thumped last week, did the same 13 start this week, he took some offence and snapped back and said that it wasn't the starting 13 fault and blamed everything on the last 6 minutes.

He seems to forget that the starting 13 lost the first half too!

To be fair to Furner, he’s just defending the players as much as his selection.  If he bangs about how poor they might have been, he’s half way to losing next week as well.

Similarities to Hull in that there ain’t a quick fix to confidence.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Griffith Park could work again but we need a couple of seasons of consolidation and dare I say it success....I'd predict 5000 average gate in 2 or 3 years if we can stay off bottom 3....avoiding relegation not enough to build crowds...need to win at least half home games to keep people coming

Big snag regarding Griffin Park - the bulldozers are about to move in and London Irish have apparently got the ground share agreement at Brentford's new gaff in Lionel Road! As far as last night's concerned, yipeeeeee!! Looks like we might actually stay up, which I didn't think that we'd manage, but, oh boy, have Leeds (and to be fair A.N. Other so-called big club) got problems. Only downside would be whether we can keep Danny Ward next season as it wouldn't surprise me if some clubs were already interested in him.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Big snag regarding Griffin Park - the bulldozers are about to move in and London Irish have apparently got the ground share agreement at Brentford's new gaff in Lionel Road! As far as last night's concerned, yipeeeeee!! Looks like we might actually stay up, which I didn't think that we'd manage, but, oh boy, have Leeds (and to be fair A.N. Other so-called big club) got problems. Only downside would be whether we can keep Danny Ward next season as it wouldn't surprise me if some clubs were already interested in him.

Heard some worrying news about him being linked with Headingly....also can see Walker and maybe others being snatched 

Hopefully Hughes is as excited as we all are right now and might open his wallet

If last night's match wasn't enough Leeds v London action, this just appeared on the rugbyleagueontv.com listings:

Saturday 16th March

12noon Under 19s Academy

Leeds Under 19s v London Under 19s

LIVE STREAM: Leeds Rhinos You Tube & Facebook

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If last night's match wasn't enough Leeds v London action, this just appeared on the rugbyleagueontv.com listings:

Saturday 16th March

12noon Under 19s Academy

Leeds Under 19s v London Under 19s

LIVE STREAM: Leeds Rhinos You Tube & Facebook

Having posted this, there isn't a link up yet. I hope it is shown, as I believe Leeds have some very good youngsters, and I'd like to see the future Broncos in action too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Totally agree....ET has been buzzing every game so far- even the Cas loss. 

Coming down next week. Really looking forward to it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Here it is - some slightly psychedelic video effects on my screen at least.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Great win for the so called "whipping boys" of Superleague and what a job Danny Ward is doing down there.

7 games in so what wait until summer your backsides will  be whipped everyweek i guarantee it, your depth is shallow! Leigh did better than london they won straight fives games and still got relegated.Also everybody thinking Huddersfield will go down they lost half the games of the first half of the season last year and still finished 5th.London down Toronto up...Period! Lol

1 minute ago, Snoozeyalose said:

7 games in so what wait until summer your backsides will  be whipped everyweek i guarantee it, your depth is shallow! Leigh did better than london they won straight fives games and still got relegated.Also everybody thinking Huddersfield will go down they lost half the games of the first half of the season last year and still finished 5th.London down Toronto up...Period! Lol

We'll see. Think I'll save this post for later in the season 

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

As far as last night's concerned, yipeeeeee!! Looks like we might actually stay up

Stay grounded mate, seem to recall my lot winning 3 of the first 7 last season and didn't win another.

Mind you, we were seriously s****.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Archived