Barcelona record crowd?

2 months to go and still no tickets are on sale. I really don't understand why they did not release the tickets the day it was announced (over 70 days ago) 

There was so much hype and promotion on the announcement it would have been a perfect time to initially boost sales. 

I'll predict about 22k when I originally thought it had the potential to be 30+

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

2 months to go and still no tickets are on sale. I really don't understand why they did not release the tickets the day it was announced (over 70 days ago) 

There was so much hype and promotion on the announcement it would have been a perfect time to initially boost sales. 

They seem to be on sale in France.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/179-6708-camp-nou-infos-billetterie/

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

It would seem not according to the "Very soon, the box office of this exceptional match will be open." quote courtesy of Google Translate. You'd have thought they'd have had them on sale long ago, although I suppose it might not be anything unusual to the locals as FCB games only go on general sale a fortnight before a fixture if memory serves me right.

If this game was marketed properly I think it could get a great crowd.

If they rely purely on people travelling from Perpignan and thousands of Wigan fans then it’ll probably only just beat the crowd from Barcelona in 2009.

4 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

Hopefully  Robert Elstone will come to the rescue! ??

29 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

It'll be embarrassing come match day,I hope I'm wrong though. Since when has the nou camp ever been empty?

Leeds United v Stuttgart 1992.  This was the when a third game was required in the European Cup furst round due to Stuttgart fielding too many 'foreigners' in the secong leg at Leeds.

The Leeds United history site states that the attendance was 7,400 whilst the Independent says around 20,000.

Assumptions being the mother of all stuff ups, aside...

I imagine Wigan were highly influential in this match being scheduled in Barcelona.

I am certain the aim of both the Dragons and Warriors to draw predominantly a local crowd.

I would love to know the marketing and ticketing strategy for this fixture, however, I also understand that this is not something the clubs would feel obliged to share.

Hopefully that strategy has been created by the clubs with the consultation of the Barcelona tourist board, Barcelona FC and all the affiliate Barcelona sports clubs, the local chamber of commerce and the respective department/s for sport, art and recreation of the Catalan government.

I would expect that a dynamic pricing model has been/will be implemented, allowing €10 GA tickets for local residents. City centre events leading up to the fixture and match day events including celebrations of sporting achievements by Catalan citizens, across all sports.

Proof will be in the pudding. What a great opportunity.

Anyone interested in travelling to attend this fixture live knows the date, knows tickets will be on sale at some stage and knows to book accomodation. I have no issue with tickets not being on sale yet.

8 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

I think most from the UK have already booked flights and accommodation already. I doubt that fans over here are waiting for tickets to go on sale before they organise their weekend. I know I have.

Same. I'm not gonna wait and see if I can get a ticket before booking flights and hotel am I? Not like tickets are gonna sell out or anything. 

24 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Same. I'm not gonna wait and see if I can get a ticket before booking flights and hotel am I? Not like tickets are gonna sell out or anything. 

Ditto. Plane and hotel booked. 

10 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

I think most from the UK have already booked flights and accommodation already. I doubt that fans over here are waiting for tickets to go on sale before they organise their weekend. I know I have.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

Ditto. Plane and hotel booked. 

Aye and me plus 3 more. We can't wait, and none of us even like Wigan.

If there was a game like this every year in big cities around Europe I'd be there with bells on every time, so fingers crossed if Toronto go up they'll make good on thier promise of playing in Copenhagen, Belgrade et al.

20 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

This is a game aimed at the Catalan people, part arranged by the Catalan Dragons and his Club in Catalonia.  It’s not in Guasch interest not to publicise them but his targets will not be mainly UK. 

The targets will be people from within the area ranging from the Valencia region right up to Roussillon - Catalan speaking - ,Wigan fans and any others.  Tickets range from £30-£20 and cheaper for kids etc.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Plenty of French clubs seem to have organised trips - there's coaches going from Carcassonne and Limoux, for example. Last weekend's result won't have helped though.

5 hours ago, JonM said:

Plenty of French clubs seem to have organised trips - there's coaches going from Carcassonne and Limoux, for example. Last weekend's result won't have helped though.

Oh I don't know, Catalan should be delighted to be playing a Wigan team with their current form.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

23 hours ago, audois said:

This is also featured on the French Rugby League's website, with phone and email links, for those wanting a return coach journey from Perpignan.

Archived