Barcelona record crowd?

5 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Great start. Pretty much we are above what they would have gotten at Brutus with a month to go.

For Catalans and Super League crowd averages it is all positive from here. 

I was being told tales today of people having to use three flight routes to get there as directs are either fully booked or have become ridiculously expensive. A guy at work and his group are going on a flight route that takes them via France and Portugal before flying into Barcelona. People are taking all sorts of routes to get there, they bought tickets direct from Nou Camp.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Is this a free game for Catalans season ticket holders? It suggests members get a discount.

Isn't it Barcelona FC season tickets who are being offered big discounts, don't forget compared to a BFC match this is already a big discount.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Isn't it Barcelona FC season tickets who are being offered big discounts, don't forget compared to a BFC match this is already a big discount.

I'm sure there was a link for Catalans members too. Maybe membership is different to ST holders.

Or I could have misread it!

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm sure there was a link for Catalans members too. Maybe membership is different to ST holders.

Or I could have misread it!

I could have misread it also.

3 hours ago, Padge said:

I was being told tales today of people having to use three flight routes to get there as directs are either fully booked or have become ridiculously expensive. A guy at work and his group are going on a flight route that takes them via France and Portugal before flying into Barcelona. People are taking all sorts of routes to get there, they bought tickets direct from Nou Camp.

Reminds me of the 1978 World Cup when some Scottish supporters were looking to hire a submarine to take them to Argentina??

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Reminds me of the 1978 World Cup when some Scottish supporters were looking to hire a submarine to take them to Argentina??

That's how Scottish supporters go home from matches now...so no one notices them. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Encouraging,it's about an event and awareness,as much as making a little money.

Should be a terrific game/weekend but I'm sure someone will complain if they see a spare seat.Between 30/40,000 would be a tremendous effort.

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

30-40k would be fantastic. It would certainly show something to work with

I'd agree with that, if they get in that range it should also be enough to repeat the event and hopefully build on it year on year

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

22 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I'd agree with that, if they get in that range it should also be enough to repeat the event and hopefully build on it year on year

The beauty of Rugby League being a summer sport is that it has a prime opportunity to use Football grounds at the end of the Football season when they ordinarily may have no chance. The sport probably hasn't utilised these opportunities as much as it could.

5 hours ago, Damien said:

The beauty of Rugby League being a summer sport is that it has a prime opportunity to use Football grounds at the end of the Football season when they ordinarily may have no chance. The sport probably hasn't utilised these opportunities as much as it could.

True...although a lot of clubs use summer to re-lay their pitches. Back in the Brentford days, there was at least one season where Broncos had to schedule their home games around groundwork done by BFC.

3 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

True...although a lot of clubs use summer to re-lay their pitches. Back in the Brentford days, there was at least one season where Broncos had to schedule their home games around groundwork done by BFC.

I know, that is why I said at the end of the football season i.e big one off events at iconic grounds at the start-mid May which could be fitted in before any reseeding. I'm not really talking about teams playing there throughout the summer.

Beware if buying multiple tickets and you want a block together the Nu Camp has strange seat numbering in some blocks. 1,3,5,7 etc, and 2,4,6,8 etc are together and not as you would expect 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

9 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Well after my initial worries that lead to me starting the thread I have seen some really positive stuff on social media and plenty of influential people from that region tweeting about the game. 

Care to share some links/examples etc.

On 05/04/2019 at 23:30, Padge said:

Could go by train.  A bit close to the game for big discounts but the journey is a good experience through France.

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Could go by train.  A bit close to the game for big discounts but the journey is a good experience through France.

If you can get close to the South Coast of France there is a line all the way from Italy to Barcelona.

12 hours ago, cookey said:

Encouraging,it's about an event and awareness,as much as making a little money.

Should be a terrific game/weekend but I'm sure someone will complain if they see a spare seat.Between 30/40,000 would be a tremendous effort.

To say there looks to be 3000-4000 at Huddersfield tonight, if Catalans can achieve 10 times that figure in Barcelona it would be fantastic.

I believe Barcelona run several other sports clubs, maybe this game will be a catalyst for them to form a Super League club.

Tickets are moving nicely in the Grandstand - 1st Central and even 2nd Central Lower.  

On the other side, tickets have started to move in Lateral 2nd Lower, whilst there is scatterings of tickets elsewhere in the Bays available online.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

To say there looks to be 3000-4000 at Huddersfield tonight, if Catalans can achieve 10 times that figure in Barcelona it would be fantastic.

I believe Barcelona run several other sports clubs, maybe this game will be a catalyst for them to form a Super League club.

One of their clubs is a rugby union club. According to wiki, their ground has a capacity of 500 and they last won the Spanish title in 1954.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They had a RL team before but spat their dummy out after Catalonia were not granted international status. 

Yesterday a press conference at Brutus. Bernard Guasch and the President of the Occitanie Region Carole Delga. An entente between the two which will see an aid package exceptional to support the mobilisation of fans for the Camp Nou event. The club want to see especially the schools of rugby in attendance in great numbers on the 18th May. Additionally the club have appointed Philippe Pidemunt as 'oganisations coordinator' for the historic event with around forty helpers involved. The club are pushing the boat out for this one like never before.

cover_1555058903.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I like how he made the point to the journalist that they've played at big stadia before - Wembley & Newcastle last year, Anfield this year (and I guess he could've added Man City, Murrayfield & Cardiff to the list) and that although RL might be seen as a little sport in France, it's much bigger in England.

Archived