Barcelona record crowd?

French  coach Aurélien Cologni selecting a ten-player group from Elite 1 including two Dragons hopefuls Arthur Mourgue and  Louis Carré to take part in an international 5' s Touch Tournament to be held in Barcelona on the eve of the Dragons-Wigan game.

Appparently last Thursday alone 900 tickets sold on line! This is French rugby league we're talking about.....

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, audois said:

French  coach Aurélien Cologni selecting a ten-player group from Elite 1 including two Dragons hopefuls Arthur Mourgue and  Louis Carré to take part in an international 5' s Touch Tournament to be held in Barcelona on the eve of the Dragons-Wigan game.

Appparently last Thursday alone 900 tickets sold on line! This is French rugby league we're talking about.....

Do you know exactly where and when the 5's is being held? Might be interested in going along to watch it.

I’ve got 2 tickets so you can add that to your numbers.

And obviously this has morphed into a 3 day weekender in Barcelona, so rugby league isn’t the only winner here...

53 minutes ago, Moove said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned already in the last 10 pages but is the game due to be televised? Here and/or on the continent?

3:30pm Super League

Catalan v Wigan (at Nou Camp, Barcelona)

LIVE TV: 3:15pm-5:45pm Sky Sports Main Event

LIVE TV: 3:15pm-5:45m Sky Sports Arena

2 more tickets just bought! The mrs gets a holiday to Barcelona and all it’s costing her is an afternoon of rugby. On a side note I’m still surprised by the amount of negativity around this game, I still think it will be a fantastic event. I went to both the cup final and the summer bash last year and had a great time at both even if the crowds were lower than we all hoped for.

19 hours ago, audois said:

Thank you for talking about the event. I am the main organizer. Teams come from Miami (Florida, USA), Badalona (Catalunya, Spain), Bordeaux, Agen, Montpellier, Perpignan (France). So far 11 teams are registered, including as you noticed a special one : the French Rugby League team. That’s why we would like to offer an English team the possibility of entering the competition. It would be the 12th and last team registered.
Registration is free (6 to 10 players)
We provide jerseys and meals after the tournament for players 
Players don’t need to be enrolled in a Rugby League Club
BUT
They have to be over 20 and high level Rugby skills are required
AND
The winners will parade and will be presented on the Camp Nou field during thr halftime of the Catalans Dragons / Wigan Warriors game ?

If you’re interested in entering the competition, please get in touch with me before Thursday evening. Here is my email address fivestouch@gmail.com

The entrance for the event is free. English Rugby League fans are really welcome. Snacks and drinks will be offered.

Information 
Friday May 17th 2019
Kick off 6.30 pm
Rugby Club Badalona stadium
50, Carretera de Canyet - 08916 Badalona
10 min from Barcelona

See you soon

Regards,
Nicolas
spacer.png

4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Good luck Nicolas - used to live in Tiana above Badalona; amazing location.

10 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Yes Good Luck! from sunny Costa Del Aberavon.

Thank you. Indeed it is a great place to stay ?

No idea but surely if we’re expecting 30 - 40k in a 98k stadium there will be one or two free seats on the day?

Ooh I just got my first proper wave of rugby league holiday excitement.  Tapas and rugby league?!  Oh alrighty then.

Archived