Barcelona record crowd?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I agree, though the TV image will be disappointing if there are less than 40,000 sitting in the lower tiers. 

Sorry to ask, but is this a genuine comment? Potentially the biggest SL hate at one of the world’s biggest grounds and you’re worried about how many seats you might see? 

What about the seats you can’t see up in the gods under the main stand roof where plenty are sitting. Will you be able to imagine them sitting in the empty seats. Perhaps Catalan could check if Toronto can bring over some of their spare inflatables to make the armchair viewer’s watching experience more comfortable?

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, Damien said:

They are certainly doing far more than what we usually see when we play matches at English football grounds.

https://beteve.cat/esports/camp-nou-rugbi-13-dragons-catalans-wigan/

Barcelona president talking to the local media, in the company of Messrs Guasch & Lenagan.

Seem like all the newspapers in Catalonia have at least one story on the game.

12 hours ago, Tonka said:

Thursday?  Nice early start, lad. Game's not til Saturday tea time!

I m retired so no  problem having an extended break in one of the best cities in Europe. 

2 hours ago, cookey said:

!5 pages on the possible attendance at a game,obsessed,plus pages on the attendance at cup games,magic etc,etc

It is a crowd thread. For a game that may see the Super League record broken. It absolutely has interest, and it is boring seeing you pop up whenever anybody discusses crowds saying people are obsessed. The title of the thread was really clear, read other threads if this offends you.

1 hour ago, bazzzz65 said:

I m retired so no  problem having an extended break in one of the best cities in Europe. 

I’m with you.  Not retired but I’m having 3 nights, I love Barcelona

8 minutes ago, TheConductor said:

Be nice if the Spanish could support this and know that there are other sports beside Soccer.

There has to be an incentive though. They are not obliged and need a reason to support. Season ticket holders get dirt cheap tickets? Schools? How about framing the match around "payback" following their exit from the champions league by a UK team?

1 hour ago, TheConductor said:

Be nice if the Spanish could support this and know that there are other sports beside Soccer.

The Spanish have produced champions in basketball, tennis, cycling, handball, formula 1, motogp, water polo, golf, and probably something else I forget. 

They’re well aware of other sports, and do quite well in them.

7 hours ago, Mr Wind Up said:

The Spanish have produced champions in basketball, tennis, cycling, handball, formula 1, motogp, water polo, golf, and probably something else I forget. 

They’re well aware of other sports, and do quite well in them.

Bullfighting 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

2 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Interesting, I wonder if any of the locals have taken up on the opportunity to go to the nou camp. 

There is a waiting list for the 85 000 season tickets available - they keep back 14 000 tickets for general sale for most games. In a city with a population approaching 2 million, it pretty much stands to reason that "most locals" won't be inside the ground.

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

There is a waiting list for the 85 000 season tickets available - they keep back 14 000 tickets for general sale for most games. In a city with a population approaching 2 million, it pretty much stands to reason that "most locals" won't be inside the ground.

Much like Huddersfield.

But without the waiting list.

Or keeping back tickets.

Or the population.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I reckon this game has had more newspaper inches than any SL game since 1996. Pretty much every Catalan newspaper has had some kind of story every day this week. E.g. a competition for 3 pairs of tickets.

https://www.larepublicaesportiva.cat/vols-anar-gratis-al-partit-de-rugbi-13-dels-dragons-catalans-al-camp-nou/

Amazing what  can be done when the media is on your side.

48 minutes ago, JonM said:

I take it alot of ST holders pick and choose their games as looking at a few Instagram pics took inside the nou camp for the last home la liga game there was plenty of empty seats. 

Screenshot_20190515_203842.jpg

51 minutes ago, JonM said:

Where did you get that info?  Their average attendance is usually 75k, so not sure how there could be 85k STs and still a waiting list.  In any case I'd never trust waiting list figures as a measure of demand - conversion to sale is terrible - it's usually more of a PR figure.  

Not to say 75k average is to be sniffed at.  I'm genuinely curious, it seems odd to me why they don't seem to sell out.  

13 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Where did you get that info?  Their average attendance is usually 75k, so not sure how there could be 85k STs and still a waiting list.  In any case I'd never trust waiting list figures as a measure of demand - conversion to sale is terrible - it's usually more of a PR figure.  

Not to say 75k average is to be sniffed at.  I'm genuinely curious, it seems odd to me why they don't seem to sell out.  

The picture I posted above was 57k to see them pick the title up. Guessing a few fans was ###### off after the champions league exit. Hopefully Saturday will look OK. I was trying to get figures for the nou camp tiers. I imagine the top will be closed and that's good news as its not really in view on TV cameras anyway. Hopefully the bottom and middle will look respectable. It's one bloody big stadium and it's great not only for fans but for the cats and wigan players to get to play on that stage. Who knows it might even encourage some French/catalonia kids to crack on with rugby league if opportunities like this are available. 

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

It's too expensive for locals! 6 euros  an hour minimum wage and 60 euros cheapest seats for some games! 

I don't buy into that, sure minimum wage is low but overall Catalonia is a rich region of Spain.  There are enough people well off enough to afford that.  Compare it with Manchester - tickets are probably marginally more expensive relative to wages, but it's several times the size of Manchester and the combined crowds of the two teams are lower.  

36 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

I take it alot of ST holders pick and choose their games as looking at a few Instagram pics took inside the nou camp for the last home la liga game there was plenty of empty seats. 

Screenshot_20190515_203842.jpg

For gods sake don’t tell man of Kent. ?

Archived