Barcelona record crowd?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Damien said:

The weather is attrocious in Barcelona today, and is forecast to be so the next few days, and this is bound to impact the crowd.

Forecast looks good after today. 19 degrees and sunny/cloudy

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Forecast looks good after today. 19 degrees and sunny/cloudy

Hopefully you are right, unfortunately all the forecasts I have seen are a lot more pessimistic and I don't have the clothes with me to cope with the downpours haha!

So the corner between the Wigan and Catalan fans has been put on General Sale, and there is less than 50-odd tickets available.  

On the Grandstand side, all of the second level is now sold out (Bays 201 - 210) whilst there is really strong sales on the third Level between Bays 302 - 308.

On the opposite side, around 50% of the available tickets have been moved between Bays 228 - 234, whilst there are also some reasonable sales on Level 3 on that side, although also a number of Bays on that Level which look like they'll be covered and thus are not on sale.

Behind Wigan's end, there is around 40% of available tickets sold between 241 - 248, whilst the other end of the field, about a third of the lower bowl tickets between 116 - 123 have been moved... 

If that's only 23,500 tickets, then it is going to look alright on TV as there will be a decent number of people in the lower bowl, plus then people up to Level 3 near the halfway points on the sidelines, with the lower bowl in both those seconds packed and one end of the ground packed. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

I would absolutely love for this to be a success story - the game needs it to be, 

Who knows, where this one game may take us? It would be lovely if this was an annual event - or maybe a magic weekend event?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

4 hours ago, Damien said:

The weather is attrocious in Barcelona today, and is forecast to be so the next few days, and this is bound to impact the crowd.

Reasonable forecast for tomorrow but how will poor weather impact the crowd?I m sure anybody who has travelled from the UK or France will turn up no matter what!

That reminds me my mam & dad have been away for ten days and they come back this evening. They asked me to “go up and water the plants while they were away”. I’ve not bothered watering because i thought it would rain while they were away. But i’ll  just tell them “we had a couple of bad nights when it threw it down, and now that weather has moved onto Barcelona”. 

7 minutes ago, bazzzz65 said:

Reasonable forecast for tomorrow but how will poor weather impact the crowd?I m sure anybody who has travelled from the UK or France will turn up no matter what!

I'm more on about locals, I thought that would have been fairly obvious. Not many locals are interested in getting soaking wet for 2 hours at a sport they know nothing about.

Hopefully you are right, unfortunately all the forecasts I have seen are a lot more pessimistic and I don't have the clothes with me to cope with the downpours haha!

Private  Fraser would be happy with you. Do you ever post any optimistic things?0

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I'm more on about locals, I thought that would have been fairly obvious. Not many locals are interested in getting soaking wet for 2 hours at a sport they know nothing about.

Not many locals are interested FULL STOP!! Anyway I ve just come back to my hotel in the  Eixample and it s clearing up nicely.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm staying on the coast about 5 miles south of the ground and its a lovely warm sunny evening. The forecast for tomorrow is looking fine, 19 degrees and mostly sunny. Afraid you need to go and find something else to be misersble about.

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

One more sleep. 

The greatest game at the greatest stadium. 

It’ll never be the greatest until they sort out  that temporary East Stand. And you can’t see the Tower behind the Kop any more. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’ll never be the greatest until they sort out  that temporary East Stand. And you can’t see the Tower behind the Kop any more. 

But you can see the Kop from the Tower.

Enjoy! Don’t go in too hard on the Toronto fans!!

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I'm staying on the coast about 5 miles south of the ground and its a lovely warm sunny evening. The forecast for tomorrow is looking fine, 19 degrees and mostly sunny. Afraid you need to go and find something else to be misersble about.

Well I'm in Barcelona centre and it's been lashing it down all day so. Happy to meet up for a pint if you are there tomorrow

Archived