Barcelona record crowd?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Damien said:

Well I'm in Barcelona centre and it's been lashing it down all day so. Happy to meet up for a pint if you are there tomorrow

Driven up from Salou today on an inland backroads route, had mostly sunshine pretty much all the way. We are avoiding the city as been several times and staying in Castellafel. Admittedly the clouds rolled in and it has rained all evening, but still had an absolutely cracking seafood meal and its going to be nice weather tomorrow. Enjoy the game and the record crowd.

It was peeing down. The rain stopped and the team turned up. The team left. The rain started again. 

Read the runes in that one. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Arrived on a plane from London where most of the people around us were RL fans including Wigan fans. Surreal but in a good way.  

On 16/05/2019 at 11:51, FIVES TOUCH said:

As a reminder, it is tomorrow evening in Badalona at 6:30

50, Carretera de Canyet

08916 Badalona

You'll be able to have a drink or/and dinner there

The French Rugby League Team :

Thomas Lasvenes, Charles Bouzinac, Clément Soubeyras, William Ousty, Thomas Lacans, Vincent Albert, Romain Puso, Fabien Flovie, Arthur Mourgue, Louis Carré.

How did it go?

8 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Play the magic round in Barcelona 

Before this weekend Id have said you were crazy. However after being here and seeing the thousands of Wigan fans and fans from all over I certainly think it could work and could work very well. If the local authorities could be persuaded to stump up a couple of million, due to the prospect of 30k+ tourists being attracted to the region, then it could be very profitable for clubs too.

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

Before this weekend Id have said you were crazy. However after being here and seeing the thousands of Wigan fans and fans from all over I certainly think it could work and could work very well. If the local authorities could be persuaded to stump up a couple of million, due to the prospect of 30k+ tourists being attracted to the region, then it could be very profitable for clubs too.

With plenty of notice I could see more than 30,000 going from the UK if the logistics were in place. The problem there though is it would impact on Catalans home games. How many people would attend both the Barcelona MW and their team's match in Perpignan?

rldfsignature.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

With plenty of notice I could see more than 30,000 going from the UK if the logistics were in place. The problem there though is it would impact on Catalans home games. How many people would attend both the Barcelona MW and their team's match in Perpignan?

That’s a very good point.

13 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Man....we HAVE to stop depending on away fans to fill stadiums.  It kills me when ever I see this argument.  Away fan revenue is unpredictable at best

Catalans (continued) success will fill their stadium on their own accord.  

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Which team?

Wigan did a met and greet yesterday afternoon. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Are there enough flights going there and back to allow for, say, an extra 12,000 from the North West (Wire, Saints, Salford, maybe Widnes) and 15,000 - 20,000 from Yorkshire (E and W)?

Genuine question. Doesn't sound credible to me.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Are there enough flights going there and back to allow for, say, an extra 12,000 from the North West (Wire, Saints, Salford, maybe Widnes) and 15,000 - 20,000 from Yorkshire (E and W)?

I think they can manage the 12000 from the northwest over a few days and I’d imagine most Yorkshire folk will go by horse and cart. So as long as they give themselves time it should be fine. 

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I can't see why not. Flights from various locations on different days and different times. Everyone I have come across so far are doing things completely differently, it's not like everyone makes the same travel plans.

Just now, Damien said:

I can't see why not. Flights from various locations on different days and different times. Everyone I have come across so far are doing things completely differently, it's not like everyone makes the same travel plans.

Ok. Just hope they don't make the decision based on your weather forecasts.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Man....we HAVE to stop depending on away fans to fill stadiums.  It kills me when ever I see this argument.  Away fan revenue is unpredictable at best

Catalans (continued) success will fill their stadium on their own accord.  

You are missing the point on this one. That principle is fair enough for UK clubs, but tourism is a big part of the Catalans success story. 

The local authorities and sponsors will be less interested without these tourists selling the coffers.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

I’m at the Nou Camp/Camp Nou and it’s buzzing. I’d be amazed if the SL record isn’t broken 

Bars are busy around the ground, atmosphere building nicely.

Archived