Barcelona record crowd?

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Less than half, don't get a job measuring for carpets.

Certainly wouldn’t be any good in Wigan, however sales of rugs must be going through the roof there given the amount of bad news they need sweep under 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Certainly wouldn’t be any good in Wigan, however sales of rugs must be going through the roof there given the amount of bad news they need sweep under 

Strange way to sweep something under the carpet, making it headlines on your website on the landing page at that.

You're a bigger fool than Hamlin.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

Strange way to sweep something under the carpet, making it headlines on your website on the landing page at that.

You're a bigger fool than Hamlin.

? We’ve got one and she’s a ripper 

Some solid deals being put out as well for the event on the FC Barcelona site: http://bit.ly/CampNuoCatvWig

• FC Barcelona Members Discount
  • Catalan Dragons Members Discount
  • Family Packs between 3 - 6 tickets with 40% discount
  • Under 14's Ticket promotion
  • Groups & Schools Promotion (For groups 10+)

Anyway, here's hoping for strong sales from now until kick off!

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

I remember when I went for the Olympic Stadium game over a decade ago and there was criticism in advance of lack of marketing. I'll never forget leaving our hotel in the morning and walking towards Ramblas where thousands upon thousands of Catalans fans in their colours had taken over the place, plus a very healthy amount of fans in Primrose and Blue. It was an amazing day.

We got 18k for that, and that was at the Olympic Stadium (historic but on a different level). I'd be stunned if the baseline for this one wasn't 25k just due to the stadium factor, maybe 30k. If the marketing and FCBarcelona relationship is successful then we could push the 40k, which would be outstanding. 

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Catalans will make a packet from this.

Unfortunately that ain't guaranteed. It will all depend on the terms they have negotiated, and how much they are investing in marketing.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Unfortunately that ain't guaranteed. It will all depend on the terms they have negotiated, and how much they are investing in marketing.

Yep. Unless someone knows how much FCB charge for renting out the Camp Nou?

Catalan were invited to play there, they didn't ask to play there,  so I would imagine the terms would be quite good.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Was hard pushed getting 13 seats together today in the Wigan allocation.

A very smart looking kit and will contrast well with the Wigan Home kit (which I hope they wear for this match).

Now for ticket sales, I'm not sure if the seats between 40 - 40 have been put on hold for Members, or have already been allocated to sponsors, traveling parties, etc, but for the Grandstand - 1st Central, and Grandstand - 2nd Central Lower, the only available seats are between the try-line to the 30 meters, with the first few rows in each selling well.

Unsurprisingly the Grandstand - 2nd Central Upper has sold maybe just a handful of tickets, with people trying to buy lower down.

Elsewhere in the ground is very much take your pick.  Be interesting to see how sales go over the coming week(s) and if we start to see some significant movement of seats prior to kick off.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Hope its a massive crowd (and I hope Catalan's win).

I'm a Wigan fan but the french game could do with the result. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:16 PM, Padge said:

Catalan were invited to play there, they didn't ask to play there,  so I would imagine the terms would be quite good.

Seems like M. Guasch is expecting Barca to sell a decent number of seats to their own fans too.

2 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

If they did a replica shirt made of cotton then it’d be great. But i imagine it’s made of the cheap stuff every club uses nowadays 

If it was made of cotton it wouldn't be a replica, as the player ones aren't made of cotton.  

42 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

If it was made of cotton it wouldn't be a replica, as the player ones aren't made of cotton.  

It would be as much of a replica as the ones you'd be buying as the materials would be no where near player quality anyway.

You can't buy tickets on the Wigan website, just checked, they could have sold their initial allocation already.

Lots of people going direct to Nou Camp web site for tickets from feedback I was getting today.

Right -  I've dusted off the old spreadsheet and just wondering whether I need to subject myself to some serious counting.

I can't make up my mind at the moment, but I've dipped my toe in the water with a partly-counted running total of:

451  514

As always, a conservative approach would be adopted, so that no assumption is made of completely sold blocks at this stage.

25 minutes ago, RLX111 said:

According to Rousillion Bleu radio 6000 tickets already sold(apart from wigan) and 500 replica shirts sold so far in few days.

That's looking like 11,000 in 3 days since they went on sale just by the two clubs.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

That's looking like 11,000 in 3 days since they went on sale just by the two clubs.

Great start. Pretty much we are above what they would have gotten at Brutus with a month to go.

For Catalans and Super League crowd averages it is all positive from here. 

Archived