Barcelona record crowd?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Didn’t they get 24k v Warrington 

I've seen 18,150 and 18,550 given as crowds for that match.  

FCBarcelona_29Apri.thumb.png.49085d0382e19f715b9bf44a29f8130d.pngAnyway, this is roughly where we know most of the Sales have been (excluding all the random individual and couple seat sales scattered across over 100 bays).  What side faces the TV cameras? Will this game be broadcasted?

Potentially 030 - 036 & 130 - 136 have been sold as well to tour groups, etc, but those sections are not visible via the online portal.  

Anyway, thinking about the round, if Catalan's can get anywhere near 40K, there is a chance this round could smash the Easter Round record.  Being conservative with some of the other games, there is arguably 3x other 10K+ games in the mix (Leeds, Saints and Warrington all at home):

Leeds v Castleford - 12K
Huddersfield v Hull KR - 4K
Saints v Salford - 11K
Warrington v Hull FC - 12K
London v Wakefield - 1K

If they all achieved the above or more, and we can get into the low 40K's, that would be an 80K round for the competition which would be massive.  

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

On 02/04/2019 at 13:47, barnyia said:

Look at this beauty! At least if they lose by 40 points at the nou camp they'll look pretty good whilst doing it! 

Maillot-collector-Dragons-Catalans-2019.jpeg

Est-ce qu'ils ne savent pas que Barcelone est en Catalogne et pas en Occitanie???

On 11/04/2019 at 08:57, cookey said:

but I'm sure someone will complain if they see a spare seat.Between 30/40,000 would be a tremendous effort.

No problem as part of my newly acquired position at TWP I have the answer and if I keep moving it'll stop Marvin noticing

image.png.574eadc83bc76b1c84e558f5d3efb545.png

The women in the background will play the Girlfriends but they come at an extra cost, though I'm sure the realism and authenticity of this approach would appeal to everyone involved.

Per ara, us dic a reveure.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

I've seen 18,150 and 18,550 given as crowds for that match.  

FCBarcelona_29Apri.thumb.png.49085d0382e19f715b9bf44a29f8130d.pngAnyway, this is roughly where we know most of the Sales have been (excluding all the random individual and couple seat sales scattered across over 100 bays).  What side faces the TV cameras? Will this game be broadcasted?

Potentially 030 - 036 & 130 - 136 have been sold as well to tour groups, etc, but those sections are not visible via the online portal.  

Anyway, thinking about the round, if Catalan's can get anywhere near 40K, there is a chance this round could smash the Easter Round record.  Being conservative with some of the other games, there is arguably 3x other 10K+ games in the mix (Leeds, Saints and Warrington all at home):

Leeds v Castleford - 12K
Huddersfield v Hull KR - 4K
Saints v Salford - 11K
Warrington v Hull FC - 12K
London v Wakefield - 1K

If they all achieved the above or more, and we can get into the low 40K's, that would be an 80K round for the competition which would be massive.  

Leeds vs cas is also first full opening for the new north stand and they've been pushing it hard.

5 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Est-ce qu'ils ne savent pas que Barcelone est en Catalogne et pas en Occitanie???

Je dirais que la Catalogne représente un marché important pour promouvoir le sud de la France. A mon avis les Catalans savent déjá où ils habitent.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wow, this really is looking excellent, and it's great to see Barcelona club embracing the idea. How spread out are the fans though, ideally I hope they have the wigan and catalans fans next to each other to get the atmosphere going. 

Oh and as there's a theme of French text... Erm...

Tres bon Mon petit pois.... 

6 hours ago, Big Picture said:

That's a sponsor's logo - it's there for every game, not just this one. There was a re-organisation of regional government in France and the new larger region is called Occitanie. Catalan people in the Perpignan area were not happy about this and there were demonstrations in Perpignan demanding that the name should include some reference to them. The regional government now sponsors Catalans Dragons and has their slogan everywhere - I'm sure you can draw some inferences as to why that might be ?

12 hours ago, dkw said:

Wow, this really is looking excellent, and it's great to see Barcelona club embracing the idea. How spread out are the fans though, ideally I hope they have the wigan and catalans fans next to each other to get the atmosphere going. 

Oh and as there's a theme of French text... Erm...

Tres bon Mon petit pois.... 

Wigan are in the end on the left of that photo and Catalans are on the top side opposite the grandstand (the photo presumably only showing sales direct from the Barça site) so they should be next to each other although there may be some space between them.

1 hour ago, wackojacko said:

Wigan are in the end on the left of that photo and Catalans are on the top side opposite the grandstand (the photo presumably only showing sales direct from the Barça site) so they should be next to each other although there may be some space between them.

That makes sense then as to why those sections aren't available on the site. 

Encouraging then, we could have a decent chunk of both sidelines filled based upon current sales.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

20 hours ago, wackojacko said:

That sounds well thought out and planned.... So obviously the rfl had sod all to do with it. 

The French RU have decided that USAP's game against Racing should be played at Aime Giral at the same time as Catalans' game in Barcelona. USAP are already relegated, but Racing still have a chance of the play-offs if they win by a big margin, so it's been chosen as the TV game. Seems like some of the players were hoping to go to Barcelona and now can't! The media has not been slow to point out that most "rugby" fans in the area will be watching the Treizistes that day rather than going to see whether the local XV team can keep the score below 30.

32 minutes ago, JonM said:

The French RU have decided that USAP's game against Racing should be played at Aime Giral at the same time as Catalans' game in Barcelona. USAP are already relegated, but Racing still have a chance of the play-offs if they win by a big margin, so it's been chosen as the TV game. Seems like some of the players were hoping to go to Barcelona and now can't! The media has not been slow to point out that most "rugby" fans in the area will be watching the Treizistes that day rather than going to see whether the local XV team can keep the score below 30.

I'm sure that's just an innocent coincidence...... Not. RU have plenty of form these kind of shenanigans.

Massive exposure for the game. 30 million followers on the English Barcelona account, 14 million on the Spanish, 6 million on the Catalonian. When you consider that by comparison hardly any of the big North American franchises have more than 5 million followers you can see just how big Barcelona’s international reach is.

Not sure how much of it will transfer into ticket sales but that’s a lot of people who have no awareness to Rugby League now having it pop up on their twitter feed.

2 hours ago, TheConductor said:

And I thought Rugby Union was starting to be nice to Rugby League ?

No, no, no don't ever fall into that trap. Their agin us!

3 hours ago, TheConductor said:

And I thought Rugby Union was starting to be nice to Rugby League ?

They have come in for a fair amount of stick over it.

Archived