England RL Shirt

Cheers for the heads up on this, just got one for my holiday in a few weeks. Is ridiculous though, but then i would never pay £50 for a shirt anyway. Let us know if they start discounting the lesiure wear :-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Always put off by buying online rugby shirts are so hit and miss size wise. Are these true sizes or all over the place.

Yep, you are not on your own with that. The sizing and fit are massively different between suppliers.

Hummel is european so my guess is they'll be on the small side.......i'm a Medium in ISC jerseys (42 chest) and large in Canterbury (42.5) and i've gone for a large with the Hummel England shirt.

I find being a 41 ish chest puts be slap bag in the middle for pretty much all sports brands between medium and large and it's a lottery getting the right fit unless you can try stuff on

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

35 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I tend to be xl in ISC jerseys but this years Hull one I had to get a 2XL because the collar was really tight and I could barely get my head through the XL. So as a result I have a shirt with an alright size collar but incredibly baggy round the body! 

you need to put it on beak first.. if you try to put it on over your head before getting it over the beak of course you're having a problem!

4 hours ago, Col81 said:

Always put off by buying online rugby shirts are so hit and miss size wise. Are these true sizes or all over the place.

I had a medium one of these and it was absolutely massive on me, like a tent. I normally fit a medium OK.

Mine has arrived......size large.......true to size and would comfortably fit a 42 in chest. (57cm pit to pit)

Wasn't too impressed with the quality so i've sold it on.........it's perfectly fine for £12 though.......the neck opening is quite large.

FYI all the graphics and logos are heat transferred onto the shirt apart from the badge which is embroidered........i though from the images online that it was all sublimated apart from the badge.

Much more like a football replica than a rugby one but they are a football brand.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

I got a large and is definatly more like a XL which I don't mind but the neck opening makes the shirt look very baggy.

Would have been a little dissapointed for £50 but is a good deal for 12 quid

that was my thinking happy at £12 but would have been disappointed at £50... 

kids ones are the same... fit fine but the neck is a little odd

I echo what everyone else has said, the sizes are massive and the neck opening is huge and quite funny looking. It's a pity about the neck particularly but the quality because it is a nice kit but would be so much better with a few tweaks. For £12 a bargain though.

Just bought one - thanks for the heads up. It's a bit of a sod if you paid full price but I usually pay full price anyway just to support the team/league however if people marketing anything would charge a reasonable number from the off and then marginally discount to shift old stock I'd prefer that but it isn't the way the world works unfortunately. 

I generally avoid buying playing jerseys due to the heavy nature of the fabric. Much preferring a training tee or something along those lines.

would people prefer heavyweight fabric and a higher price point? Or woul you prefer a lighter fabric, like a training tee, and a lower price point?.. I'd more likely buy a replica jersey if it was the latter. Interested in people's opinions on this.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

29 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I generally avoid buying playing jerseys due to the heavy nature of the fabric. Much preferring a training tee or something along those lines.

would people prefer heavyweight fabric and a higher price point? Or woul you prefer a lighter fabric, like a training tee, and a lower price point?.. I'd more likely buy a replica jersey if it was the latter. Interested in people's opinions on this.

These aren't very heavy at all and in many ways don't really feel like a Rugby jersey. I would say they are much closer to a training top anyway.

On 3/22/2019 at 6:05 PM, Damien said:

These aren't very heavy at all and in many ways don't really feel like a Rugby jersey. I would say they are much closer to a training top anyway.

id agree with that. much lighter than the old Puma one for the world cup in 2008

Archived