V Sheffield

NickD

17 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

Good post but it was Trout the younger I believe who set up the try. Highlights are on you tube.

Seen the highlights now and I got it well and truly wrong. I should have know as, before I wrote my piece, I had listened to Lee Greenwood's interview on Radio Leeds in which he suggested Trout the Younger would go far and that our club is happy to help him with that. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the aim for this season should be avoid relegation and pick up a few scalps along the way. The time to judge the new head coach will be at the end of next season when he’s had time to mould the team into what he wants. 

As frustrating as this season has been I think you’ve got a wonderful head coach who is one of the leading development coaches in the country. Don’t underestimate his contacts in the game either - there’s a lot to be said for being friends with lads who are playing in Super League week in week out. 

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

Surely the aim for this season should be avoid relegation and pick up a few scalps along the way. The time to judge the new head coach will be at the end of next season 

Hmm doesn't always work out that way..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, NickD said:

Not sure but on what I saw Sunday,, no.  One was trying very hard, didn't see the other until just after HT.  Where is Brown?  Does anyone know?

Although I still think Sykes is our best hope it would be nice to see how it worked with Finn and Brown at half back and Sykes at centre.  So long since we had two centres I have almost forgotten how that works..

It takes time for an halfback pair to click. However had we had Knowles at halfback it could have been more effective.

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

But Batley have got an experienced successful proven Championship coach............

nope. he went to bulls a while back,all this ones done is prove to a lot a folks he knows diddly.

Archived