Bussey

Rarefrith

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Just looked this up he has received a caution. Where did you get three matches from?

that was the first minute on knowles   when he got put on report but got grade c charge on burns 48th minute when he got yellow card

Agreed JC , Only consolation is Day is in the frame, however not a prop. I wonder what Carr thinks of this ridiculous decision 

54 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Does anybody think there is a deliberate RFL led policy to get our players banned more than other players?

don't think they have it in for any clubs but certain players seem to get a bad deal maybe after eight matches for biting bussey now falls into that category

57 minutes ago, haskey said:

Agreed JC , Only consolation is Day is in the frame, however not a prop. I wonder what Carr thinks of this ridiculous decision 

hope he gets stuck into the rfl and asks what's the difference between bussey  broadbent and davey

davey got off scott free for  head high tackle on briscoe panel says initial contact on chest of opponent, which then bounces up into neck.  not from where I was standing

13 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Does anybody think there is a deliberate RFL led policy to get our players banned more than other players?

does anyone think that when you over kill a joke that wasnt funny in the 1st place you make yourself look a complete knobber

13 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Could be, but more likely because Bussey has recent form and Broadbent doesn't. I'd imagine Carr isn't pleased about the lack of discipline shown by a player just back from a lengthy ban resulting in him missing around 1/3rd of the regular season.

13 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Could be, but more likely because Bussey has recent form and Broadbent doesn't. I'd imagine Carr isn't pleased about the lack of discipline shown by a player just back from a lengthy ban resulting in him missing around 1/3rd of the regular season.

If you watch the Bussey incident back on RoversTV, you can hear somebody from the bench (perhaps Paul March) shout "discipline now" literally a second before Bussey makes that tackle.

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

But that's wrong the punishment should be handed out on the type and severity of the offence not because he's a good boy

10 minutes ago, POR said:

But that's wrong the punishment should be handed out on the type and severity of the offence not because he's a good boy

He got the equivalent of the early guilty plea which was discontinued last season. Now you get it, if applicable, by default. Applies to all players equally.

10 minutes ago, POR said:

Not sure I agree with that, in most aspects of life previous offences, or lack of them, have an impact on punishment and, apart from major offences, repeat offenders are more harshly dealt with than people with previously unblemished records.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure I agree with that, in most aspects of life previous offences, or lack of them, have an impact on punishment and, apart from major offences, repeat offenders are more harshly dealt with than people with previously unblemished records.

agreed but were talking rugby league here not a crime against society  that effects joe public a bad tackle is a bad tackle and should have the same ban if you want to punish previous offences then give them a big fine as well increasing  it with every repeat offence

24 minutes ago, POR said:

agreed but were talking rugby league here not a crime against society  that effects joe public a bad tackle is a bad tackle and should have the same ban if you want to punish previous offences then give them a big fine as well increasing  it with every repeat offence

The disciplinary process essentially follows the rules of English law, otherwise it would be wide open to legal challenge.

Guidelines to the sentencing rules are here https://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary/on-field_disciplinary I think you'll find the punishments (same as for Hardcastle and Day earlier this season) are in line with them.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If you watch the Bussey incident back on RoversTV, you can hear somebody from the bench (perhaps Paul March) shout "discipline now" literally a second before Bussey makes that tackle.

From our position behind the sticks it sounded as though someone on field shouted "Bussey" around the time as the tackle.

Archived