So, New Zealand. October. Who's off?

I'm seriously thinking about it.

There's some official packages organised by Glory Days with lots of extras and special bits included.

Then Catalan tours have put together some packages too which look more economical.

Any other company offering tours?

Anybody tempted? Or perhaps planning to put together your own package? Not much time left (7months).

So how much would such a trip cost? Barebones, what's flights, tickets, accomodation internal travel, food and water? What are the package prices?

I'm not asking in an antagonistic, argumentative way, I'm just genuinely interested

27 minutes ago, Gorbals said:

So how much would such a trip cost? Barebones, what's flights, tickets, accomodation internal travel, food and water? What are the package prices?

I'm not asking in an antagonistic, argumentative way, I'm just genuinely interested

Do you not have Google. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

2 hours ago, Gorbals said:

A DIY trip could be done reasonably cheaply. Forgetting the PNG game, and just taking in the NZ leg could cost a shade over eleven hundred quid for a 15 night stay, all flights and match tickets. I kid you not.

China Eastern have return flights from London to Auckland for £483. Downside is an 8 hour stop over each way in Shanghai. Not ideal but bearable. Flights from Auckland to Christchurch are fifty quid return. If, IF, you could group together say six of you (via this board??) for an Airbnb apartment it could be £20/£30 pp a night, so 300 or 400 total each. Match tickets will be regular thirty quid or so price.

All very do-able.

55 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Beautiful country, especially the South Island. I’d encourage anyone to visit NZ. 

I'd 2nd that, quite a few years since I was there but I have every intention of making it again one day

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Beautiful country, especially the South Island. I’d encourage anyone to visit NZ. 

I don't know why, but it has never really appealed to me. Particularly as a standalone trip.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I don't know why, but it has never really appealed to me. Particularly as a standalone trip.

A mate of mine who's wife was actually born in Australia but came back home as a child , he had always said that he fancied emigrating in retirement to Australia , this being after visiting it a couple of times , her never been to NZ , a couple of years ago he and his wife went out to NZ to meet up with his son on his gap year , upon returning he said to me " you were right , if I was to go anywhere now , it would be Aotearoa " , it is a quite wonderful country , I do at times question why I came back 41 years ago , although it was a bit ' wild west ' back then 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

All down to individual taste, I guess, but I've been to 70 odd countries and NZ is definitely one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Also relatively inexpensive, easy to get round and very friendly locals. Maybe not the place if you want say high culture or art history though.

I've taken a year off from working (which looks like turning into two...) and my youngest son + girlfriend will be down under in October, so this is pretty tempting. Would definitely include PNG if I go.

I can't go, but I would love it.

This is one of the big benefits of developing the International game for all true fans.

Visit paradise and watch rugby league too. Heaven. 

9 hours ago, Number 16 said:

A DIY trip could be done reasonably cheaply. Forgetting the PNG game, and just taking in the NZ leg could cost a shade over eleven hundred quid for a 15 night stay, all flights and match tickets. I kid you not.

China Eastern have return flights from London to Auckland for £483. Downside is an 8 hour stop over each way in Shanghai. Not ideal but bearable. Flights from Auckland to Christchurch are fifty quid return. If, IF, you could group together say six of you (via this board??) for an Airbnb apartment it could be £20/£30 pp a night, so 300 or 400 total each. Match tickets will be regular thirty quid or so price.

All very do-able.

That's not too bad. What are the tour operators charging?

2 hours ago, JonM said:

All down to individual taste, I guess, but I've been to 70 odd countries and NZ is definitely one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Also relatively inexpensive, easy to get round and very friendly locals. Maybe not the place if you want say high culture or art history though.

I've taken a year off from working (which looks like turning into two...) and my youngest son + girlfriend will be down under in October, so this is pretty tempting. Would definitely include PNG if I go.

I don’t know when you were last there John but we went in 2017 for the WC and found it very expensive but then again we are from Yorkshire.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I don’t know when you were last there John but we went in 2017 for the WC and found it very expensive but then again we are from Yorkshire.

Quite a while ago - certainly pre-referendum dive in the value of the pound...

7 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I have been to New Zealand several times and I found it more expensive than Oz for things like Fuel and Food.

Australia can be expensive for a Tourist like most places.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 minute ago, Allora said:

I have been to New Zealand several times and I found it more expensive than Oz for things like Fuel and Food.

But at least it's not full of Australians

10 minutes ago, Allora said:

When we spoke to the locals about it they said it was cheaper to buy some New Zealand produce in Australia than it was to buy in New Zealand. They reckoned prices in New Zealand were deliberately kept high.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived